Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone get menstrual cramps around 17 weeks?

Last night I had them pretty bad, which was unusual because I have had no symptoms for a week or two now. In fact I don't really feel pregnant at all as I type this. However my cramps were fairly alarming last night to the point where I was going to take some tylenol but didn't. No bleeding. Nurse said to drink water and lay down but that didn't help much.

Anyone go through phases around this time in 2nd tri where you don't feel anything but occasionally get cramps?  It's just freaking me out a bit which doesn't help since I haven't seen LO in a while. Next week is my A/S so I hope everything is okay!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
TTC since March/April 2010
DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
IVF - January 2012: BFN
FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!

Re: Anyone get menstrual cramps around 17 weeks?

• Options

During second tri, I called the on call number 2x for these. The first time, the OB told me to drink water, rest, and have a little bit of wine (I know!!! But, he said it is a smooth muscle relaxer and it did work). The most recent time, I was told to drink lots of water and take Tylenol. Again, they went away. I wouldn't say I had a decrease in symptoms, but that is definitely normal for 17 weeks.

While cramps shouldn't be ignored, they aren't always a sign of something bad. I would just keep in communication with your OB and address the issue at your next appointment. He/she can give you some tips to ease the discomfort and discuss some definite signs of troubling issues. 

TTC in 2009, Dx: Unexplained IF
    Three TI cycles (BFP...miscarriage), five IUI attempts and 2.5 IVF cycles later...BFP!!
    12dp5dt: 765; 15dp5dt: 1979; 17dp5dt: 3379...TWINS!!!!!
    Our perfect baby boys were born at 36w1d!! 

• Options
    Yes, I usually get them either when I have gas or when I get indigestion which started for me around then.  They give me cramps bad enough that I have called the OB but usually rest, water, and some Tums seems to help me.
    Trying To Conceive since November 2009
    Dx: PCOS and MFI
    IUI#1-4 all BFN
    IVF#1 January (4R, 4M, 1F) BFP
    Colt was born on 10/27 at 11:50pm. 6lbs and 19 1/4"
    Surpise! Baby #2 is on it's way.  EDD 9.18.14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I feel like I've had cramps on and off through 2nd tri. They changed from my 1st tri cramps, and are different from RLP, but they seem to come and go in my lower uterus. I've asked 2x now and each time was told it's normal growing pains from everything stretching out in there. I was told to drink water, and either sit if you're up or change positions if you're already down.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • Options
    yep - your uterus is making room for a growing baby!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I was getting bad gas pains in the first tri that felt like cramps. It was pretty bad. Add in the RLP I was always uncomfortable. 2nd tri has been much better thankfully. I hope you feel better soon!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had really bad menstrual-like cramps around 18w and wound up going to the ER. It turned out to just be growing pains. They were better after about 48 hours. I found that putting a heating pad up against my lower back helped a lot.

I think I'm actually going through another growing pains session right now because the lower part of my belly is really pinchy (is that a word?) and achy. 

TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Yep - my MFM said as long as they are not accompanied by any bleeding it is just the uterus growing.  It freaks me out but they are watching me super closely and my cervix hasn't changed at all despite them.

My a/s is next week too!  What day is yours?

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options

Thanks SO much ladies! You all made me feel a ton better. The nurse I spoke to last night called to check up on me because I never called her back. Since I was still having mild cramps she had me come in. So we got to see our little one again today! He/She was just fine and cervix was good too. U/S tech called it a "her" and I kept thinking "NO WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW" but then she said she calls all babies "her". So... I am trying not to think too far into that, lol.

They took a urine sample and sent it out to see if I have a UTI but they doubt it. As I sit here I am having some more uncomfortable cramps so I am off to drink some water and relax. I think it might just be a growth spurt too, they didn't really find anything else it could be.

MDLUV - since I just had an u/s today the doc suggested I move it another week out. Sooo, it was going to be next Tuesday but now it will be Wednesday the 15th! Have fun at yours! Are you finding out the sex?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    TTC since March/April 2010
    DX: MFI - less than 1 million sperm, 26% motility
    DH put on anastrozole to increase counts
    June/July 2011 100 mg Clomid + TS IUI#1 & IUI 2 - BFN :-(
    Forced break due to DH getting spinal surgery in August 2011
    IVF - January 2012: BFN
    FET in April 2012 - BFP at 6dp5dt! Beta #1 at 9dp5dt: 82.5, Beta #2 at 12dp5dt: 352 Beta #3 at 19dp5dt: 6000, saw heartbeat and one little bean at 5W6D!
    After nearly 3 years of waiting our LO was born December 18th 2012!
  • Options

Glad everything looked ok!  It always helps to have peace of mind!

Mine is on Wed. the 8th.  Since I am the MFMs for scans every two weeks, we already know we are having a little boy. :)

I do think lots of water helps mine - they thought maybe I had a UTI too but nope, just baby growing a lot right now I think.  He was 6 ounces last week so I am sure yours is around the same!

TTC since 07/2009
    Me: PCOS, Blood/Immune Issues DH: Low all 3
    Jun.- Sep. 2010 IUI#1-#3 = BFN
    Oct. 2010 = IVF #1 = B/G Twins (passed away Feb. 2011)
    May 2011 = Myomectomy and trans-abdominal cerclage (TAC)
    Sep. 2011 = Surprise BFP = C/P
    Feb. 2012 = sFET #1 = BFN
    Feb.2012 = Hail Mary IUI #4 = BFN
    April/May 2012 = FET #2 w/our last two embies = BFP (Please let this be it!)
    Beta #1 8dp5/6dt = 234 Beta #2 10dp5/6dt = 695 Beta #3 12dp5/6dt = 1796 Beta #4 17dp5/6dt = 17,888 U/S #1 May 17, 2012 = Twins
    Baby B's heart stop beating at 9 weeks 5 days
    Our little miracle baby is a boy. :)

Baby Boy Owen and Baby Girl Avery were born too early on Feb. 13, 2011 due to a pedunculated fibroid, incompetent cervix and suspected placental abruption.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

"What the heart has once owned and had, it shall never lose." - Henry Ward Beecher
    SAIF/PAIF Welcome
    Lots of love and luck to my PAIF/3T/IF Veteran ladies, especially my dear friend Zookie. Congrats to Papps, Teach84 and Starbuck on their little ones.
  • Options
    I know I'm late (as usual) to post, but I seriously could have written this myself! I have been having cramps since last Friday, after being cramp-free for a few weeks. I hope yours go away soon!
    After 5 TI Clomid cycles, 5 IUIs, and 2 IVFs we finally got our BFP!
    Beta#1 (12dp3dt)= 353, Beta#2 (15dp3dt)= 1466, Beta#3 (22dp3dt)= 14,139, First u/s: TWINS!!
    After 10 weeks of bedrest, our two little ladies joined us at 28w6d
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    i started getting some cramps around 17 weeks and then again around 23 weeks - I showed dr where they were occuring and he thinks they were RLP and sciatic nerve pain (i get my period cramps all in my lower back). I also didn't "feel" pregnant.  My nausea was gone, my energy was back - and if I felt movement, it was a fluter here and there every couple of days.  Didn't start feeling regular movement until about 23 weeks
    S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
  • Options
    imageeponine7682:

He/She was just fine and cervix was good too. U/S tech called it a "her" and I kept thinking "NO WE DON'T WANT TO KNOW" but then she said she calls all babies "her". So... I am trying not to think too far into that, lol.

I had a gut feeling we were having a girl but when I went in the hospital for some bleeding, the ultrasound tech kept calling the baby him/he and I swore i saw something between the legs...that made me doubt for a minute, but my instinct was right...we're having a girl.  My point is, DON'T OVER THINK IT! 

S/PAIFW
    Tara & Dave - TTC since September 2006
    PCOS - dx 1999 (amenorrhea) | freakishly long fallopian tubes
    Hypoglycemic | thyroid issues | severely anemic
    Multiple Clomid cycles of 50, 100, 150 - absolutely no response
    Follistim 50/100 | Follistim 75/125 | Follistim 100/150 IUI - all BFNs
    Converted IVF - BFP - m/c | FET - BFN | IVF #2 = BFN
    IVF #3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"