Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Honey in her cake for her 1st birthday?

Hi everyone, glad to be able to post again!

Quick question. My DH and I have decided to make a healthier cake then to buy one but the recipe I found that I really like has a decent amount of honey in it. Her party is on the 18th so she will be just shy of a full year. Should I try to alter the recipe or just find a new one?
Would you worry about the honey since she will pretty much be a year and they say to wait until 12 months?

TIA
You will never know how much you mean to me my little jelly Bean.
Mommy loves you Eevee! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
<a href="http://s834.photobucket.com/albums/zz270/cpali/?action=view

Re: Honey in her cake for her 1st birthday?

• Options

I have no idea.

But, I am curious about your daughter's name. Do you pronounce it Ee-van-guh-lynn?

I have never seen it without an 'e' at the end. It caught my eye because DD is Evangeline Ryan, their names are so similar.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, I was about to run out the door so I didn't read any of the topics but Eevee is down for a nap now so the store but wait.

It is pronounced Ev-an-ja-lynn . I added Evangaline to the name list and my DH liked it but he wasn't a fan with the sound of 'lean' at the end of it. He played around with it and came up with changing the end to 'lynn' just because he preferred the sound. We changed the spelling up because we couldn't just change the pronunciation of a classic name like Evagaline.

We did actually find the name Evangalin on a baby names website too with a similar meaning to Evangaline but it wasn't a real popular site like babynames or anything. =)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The danger in honey is the way it's processed (most of the honey we buy in stores is from China).

Buy a nice, local honey if you decide to use it - that's what we'll do most likely.

I didn't read the other thread about this, but I would also consider substituting with agave if I didn't feel comfortable with honey!

There are good recipes on wholesomebabyfood.com...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Yup, here is the recipe. I am trying it now but I altered it because I didn't want to go to the health food store again to get coconut flour so I am trying almond flour. We will see if it work. 

Vanilla Bean Cake:

Add to food processor:
    2 cups cooked white beans, room temperature, so they don't cook the eggs (I made mine myself by soaking dry white beans overnight. In the morning I rinsed them well, and cooked them.)
    6 eggs
    3/4 tsp vanilla liquid stevia (do not measure over the batter, just in case it spills out)
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/3 cup honey

Puree well.

Add:
    1/4 cup coconut oil, liquified
    1/3 cup coconut flour, sifted
    1/2 tsp sea salt
    1 tsp baking soda
    1.5 tsp baking powder (Grain-free Baking Powder Recipe)

Puree well.

Pour into springform pan, lined with unbleached parchment paper on the bottom, and greased all around.

Bake at 325 degrees for about 30 minutes. (I like to check to see if it's done by inserting a knife into the middle. If it's comes out mostly clean, it's done.) Bake for about 22 minutes for cupcakes.

Frosting:
    Melt over double boiler:
    1.5 bars of 3.2 oz dark chocolate (about 3/4 cup of chocolate chips)
    3/4 cup coconut milk

When the chocolate has just barely melted, remove from heat.

Add:
    2 tbsp honey
    10 drops liquid stevia
    2 to 4 tbsp coconut flour, sifted.
    Refrigerate until the frosting has cooled, about 15 minutes. (You know it's ready when it is the texture of frosting.)

When the cake has cooled fully, top the cake with the frosting.

• Options
    So  far the recipe worked well. I did have to cook it longer then 30 min though. I haven't had a slice but I took a small piece when I took it out of the pan and it tasted good and it smelled good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"