Natural Birth
Options

Feeling apethetic this time around. (Sorry long.)

Before the birth of my son I was really hyped up and ready to take on the challenge of giving birth without medication. My DH and I worked together, spent a lot of time talking about it, and while things didn't go according to plan (I had to be induced due to pre-eclampsia) my DH was amazing and incredibly supportive. For the nearly 24 hours of intense back labor before I got the epidural, he was the only one I wanted and he was there.

This time around my DH and I are in a weird place. Things just aren't great and there's very little connection between us. We love each other and we know we're going to make it in the long run, but there are also some serious problems that need to be worked out. It's not going to happen before this baby is born. I don't know how things are going to work during labor. I don't know if we'll just get over all the tension between us because labor is more important, or if things will continue to be awkward.

It's leading me to feel like I just really don't care how this baby comes out. Which in turn leads me to feel guilty because I feel like I SHOULD care how this baby comes out! None of the research has changed because of my relationship status. I still believe a med free birth is the most ideal. I just don't know that I have the energy to deal with it. But shouldn't I? If that's what's best for my baby, should that be what I'm working toward? I feel like I'm starting out as less of a mom to this baby than I was to my son. Not because people who do medicated births are worse moms, but because I feel like I know what's best for my son and just can't bring myself to care. 

Support? Kick in the pants? Information? Empathy? I'm open to it all. 

Re: Feeling apethetic this time around. (Sorry long.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"