Working Moms
Options

Weaning Pacifiers at DC.

Anyone with experience with this? DD is 7 months, she seems to be weaning herself off her pacifier at home (meaning she doesn't really want it anymore) so my question is how does this work at DC? Do I tell them give only as needed? But then that may confuse her more. Go cold turkey? This may be a crazy day for the DC Teachers. I am really not sure how to go about this. Any advice? TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Weaning Pacifiers at DC.

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    We clipped the end of the nipple a little bit every few days. Eventually, she didn't want the paci.
  • Options
    I would just talk to them and tell them she seems to weaning off of it herself and encourage them just give it to her as needed rather than automatically.  They will probably want her off it when she goes to the toddler room anyway.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageLoCarb:
    We clipped the end of the nipple a little bit every few days. Eventually, she didn't want the paci.

Really? So the sucking on "air" makes them not want it anymore, or is it not soothing anymore?

• Options

imageKathrynMD:
    I would just talk to them and tell them she seems to weaning off of it herself and encourage them just give it to her as needed rather than automatically.  They will probably want her off it when she goes to the toddler room anyway.

Oh yes, she will be in the infant room until she is 18 months. We planned to have her off within the next month.

• Options

We quit cold turkey at DC and it went well.

Bedtime is another story.....

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    imagewychets:

imageLoCarb:

Really? So the sucking on "air" makes them not want it anymore, or is it not soothing anymore?

Not soothing while still getting the oral fixation.

• Options
    imagewychets:

imageLoCarb:

This is what we tried (well, the Bye Bye Binkie method you can find online).  It didn't work.  Cold turkey was the best for us.  Of course, we waited until just about a month ago...not at 7 months, when it would have been easier to go cold turkey  (DD talks about her "Pa" occasionally still...ugh.).

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"