Cloth Diapering
Options

What's so good about Flips?

Brand new here and my head is spinning with all the new info. I see a lot of people like Flips. I can't decipher what makes them different or better than other covers. Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

photo bible.gif

Re: What's so good about Flips?

• Options

I like them because they are a hybrid "system".  I think they are a little trimmer than some other covers too, but I like certain covers for certain things.  I use Flips now mainly for vacation or if we are out for a long period of time because it's less to pack (compared to packing pockets/AIO's).  I pack some inserts (we generally use the stay dry) and a few covers and I'm set.  We just went on vacation and I didn't want to have to deal with scraping poop so we used the disposable inserts and Flip covers instead of having to buy disposable diapers. 

I prefer other covers for ON use over fitteds because the Flips are almost too trim to cover those. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

For day to day, I like the trimness of the flips.  We use prefolds instead of the inserts as we didn't want to spend that much money on inserts.  They're also easier to fold up in a small space while we're out and about.

July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm in love with my Flip system. For me, it is just too easy, and it has always met all my CDing needs. They never leak, are perfectly absorbent, and all I do for overnight is add a hemp insert. I bought 3 daypacks so I have 6 covers and 18 stay dry inserts. $150 for a CD system? Yes, please. :)
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Options

Flips are the only non-AIO diapers I own. They're just easy, easy, easy - babies seem comfortable in them, easy to wash, dry quick, fold up small for the diaper bag, no leaks, easy to customize. I hate stuffing pockets so for me they provide some of the benefits of pockets without the stuffing. I don't like prefolds or fitteds so I haven't compared the Flip covers to other kinds of covers, but I've never had any problem with them.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    kimdw1kimdw1 member
    I use prefolds and stay dry inserts with my flip covers.  The prefolds are more economical, but bulky.  The inserts are easier, don't leak, and are quick.  I like being able to reuse covers and how they don't take up much room in the diaper bag.  Oh, and the attached stay dry liner is nice. I often can't tell if the diaper is wet from that side.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"