Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Chicco Keyfit 30 Vs Graco SnugRide 32??????

Baby Bargains have these both rated at an A. chicco is a top consumer report pic but Graco is the best selling.

Thoughts/experiences?

Re: Chicco Keyfit 30 Vs Graco SnugRide 32??????

• Options

I agree with PP...we had a Chicco for my oldest and went with the Chicco Magic for DS2.  It just feels so sturdy compared to the Gracos.

That being said, I have friends who have Gracos and they love them. 

• Options
    My police officer friends who is carseat install certified recommended the chicco so I didn't even compare.  A friend told me the Graco is not as easy to snap in and out of the base, but I don't know if that is true.  We really liked our Keyfit except we got the Magic and the fabric is hot for summer. I remember reading in reviews that some of the Chicco fabrics breathe better than others.
    image image

BFP #2 7/18/11 - EDD 3/29/12 - Born 3/13/12
    BFP #1 4/4/11 - Natural M/C - 7w1d - 4/30/11
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going with the Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic. After researching, it really was a no brainer to me.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageBLPL101:
    I'm going with the Chicco Keyfit 30 Magic. After researching, it really was a no brainer to me.
    Why?
  • Options

It is completely personal preference.  One is no safer or "better" than the other.

We had had a Snugride 32 with DD that was great.  Unfortunately, it was in a crash and we couldn't re-use it for #2.  This time I picked the Chicco for the sole reason that the footprint is slightly smaller and I need the extra space because it's going behind the driver's seat and my DH is 6'4".

TTC since 11/05...ectopic pg 4/08...early m/c 6/09...BFP 10/5/09!
    Nora B...June 15, 2010...8lbs, 8oz...Med-free birth!

TTC #2 since 7/11...cycle #3 of Clomid + IUI = BFP
    Malcolm...September 21, 2012...8lbs, 6oz...Another med-free birth!

• Options
    Another fan of the Keyfit here!  I agree with the PPs that said the Graco ones looked/felt cheap. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemj.reilly:

I much prefer Chicco, but both are good carseats.

The Graco infant seats just seem so cheap (light plastic, cheap covers) to me, while the Chicco seats seem more well built and sturdy. Just a personal preference.

We have used Chicco KeyFits for all three kids. If Chicco was not an option, we would have gone with Peg Perego. ETA: DS2 has the Chicco Magic

The Snugrise 22 is more flimsy.  My Graco Snugride 35 is much more like the Chicco.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I am a FTM, but a long time nanny, so I have experience with a wide range of car seats, strollers, etc. I personally hate all Graco products. The harnesses and clips are flimsy and annoying to use. The materials just aren't as nice. For our baby, we went with the Britax Chaperone, bc we got the B ready stroller. Otherwise, we would have went with the Chicco Keyfit.

• Options
    imageLittleApple:
    imagemj.reilly:

I much prefer Chicco, but both are good carseats.

The Graco infant seats just seem so cheap (light plastic, cheap covers) to me, while the Chicco seats seem more well built and sturdy. Just a personal preference.

We have used Chicco KeyFits for all three kids. If Chicco was not an option, we would have gone with Peg Perego. ETA: DS2 has the Chicco Magic

The Snugrise 22 is more flimsy.  My Graco Snugride 35 is much more like the Chicco.

This. I compared the Graco Snugride 32 and the Chicco Keyfit 30 in BRU when registering for my first. I liked both equally, so it honestly just came down to the color preference for me. We ended up with the Graco Snugride 32, and honestly, the thing is a beast! In a good way though. It's not at all flimsy or cheap feeling, and it snaps very easily into the base. You can't go wrong with either. Just from my extensive reading on carseat.org's forums, the infant seats that the tech's tend to favor are the Chicco Keyfit 30, Graco Snugride 32/35, and the Safety 1st Onboard Air 35. The Peg Perego tends to be overkill.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got the Chicco Keyfit 30. The firefighters who checked our installation raved about it and called it "the 20 second carseat" for ease of installation, as well.
  • Options

I  love my Snugride 35 and it's very easy to install!  I definitely recommend it!  The Chicco KF is also a very good seat.  I say go to the store and try them both in your car.  The chicco's footprint front to back, like pp mentioned, is smaller so if you need it to be smaller that would be your best bet.  The Snugride has a taller shell so it should last you  longer.  Also something to consider is that the Chicco is better for smaller newborns/premies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

• Options
    SPK926SPK926 member
    We're going with the Graco snugride 30. We tried them both out at the store and I can't stand how Chicco's base is. I have used lots of Graco infant seats over the years with family members and they snap in and out (when needed!) so easily.

Also, hold the Graco in one hand and the Chicco in the other. The Chicco is noticeably heavier. Now add in 10, 15 or 20 pounds of baby and which one do you want to be carrying around?!! No question in my mind.

Both seats are safe and neither are flimsy. Graco is actually rated better than the Chicco in most places.

""No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside."
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    "On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered "Life will never be the same." Because there had never been anyone like you... ever in the world." ~ Nancy Tillman Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"