Pregnant after 35
Options

Nervous but happy Intro (kind of long!)

Hello all,

DH and I have been TTC for over a year after being dx with DOR, with several treatment attempts, and after taking several months off from treatments, stopping the strict diet, and resuming running, last Thursday, at dpo13 I got a strong positive wondfo and frer. I've been taking them each day after and they get darker. I'm also exhausted and a bit dizzy here and there. I'm no stranger to pregnancy symptoms; this is my fourth, my youngest is almost 9! This will be my husband's first.

This is the first pregnancy I have been nervous or scared about the baby's health. Plus, I can't seem to find a good OBGyn, and I will be high risk due to pre-term labor with my last two pregnancies, gestational diabetes, and turning 36. I don't really know what to expect! I do have an appointment with my regular doc Wednesday, she will be doing annual blood tests and including HCG for me. How early can I get an ultrasound to check to make sure the gestational sack looks right and the baby is in the right place? How much have things changed in 9 years?

Any help is much appreciated!  Hope I'm here for the long haul :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Nervous but happy Intro (kind of long!)

• Options

Hello :) do you mind me asking what DOR is, and how you knew there was an issue, considering you had 3 other successful pregnancies?

I also have children from my first marriage, but all were born before I was 30. I'm starting again with my new DH and terribly worried that my age (37) will mean that we won't be successfull. Especially as I sit here at cycle day 21 with no ovulation in sight.

Good luck to you!! I'll keep my fx'ed that it all goes smoothly!  

Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Hi there,

DOR is diminished ovarian reserve. I found out after trying for 6 months with my new DH that my FSH was high 15.3, and my Antral Follicle Count (AFC) was low- 6-7. No known reason for the diminished reserve...and I was shocked only just turning 35.

Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! FX for a healthy and happy 9 months to you!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"