Dads & Dads-to-be

Diaper Bag

I want to get a second diaper bag for me, the father, to have when I'm out with my son.  My wife thinks having a second bag is a waste.  I do agree with her, but I would like a second one anyway.  Does anyone have 2 diaper bags or plan to have 2 diaper bags?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper Bag

• ritzypritzyp member
    We plan on getting one but the design is unisex. I'm not into flowery stuff so it works. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0047EH0H6?tag=lenguajero-20
  • I like the diaper bag you are getting.  We are using Winnie the Pooh as our theme for the baby, and my wife found a nice bag with Winnie the Pooh on it.  I actually don't mind carrying around a bag with flowers on it, (I'd prefer not too) but I just wanted one of my own with something I like on it. I guess I could just save the money and buy other stuff for our baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • coybigcoybig member
    I have an Eddie Bauer bag from BRU to keep in my truck. Wife has one in her car. It's much easier to have both for us since we each have our own preferences as far as cloth diapers go... her bag has prefolds and a few pocket diapers, while mine has the all-in-ones. image
    there are two motivations in sports, which is yours?
  • We have 2 bags, we simply found it easier, plus my wife has the one we use primarily as the bag/pseudo purse.  I prefer a more simple pattern (I picked an olive green, hers is white with blue polkadot designs), so it works out in the end for us.  We got mine on clearance though, which is one of the few reasons we went ahead and got it in the first place.  I would have simply just bit the bullet and used the one my wife does now otherwise.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We got two of them.  I prefer a backpack style and my wife prefers the shoulder strap.  We travel a lot, and that will not stop, and will probably increase, as our family grows.  Since I am the designated carrier on trips, I needed a backpack.  The wife can use hers when she is out doing her thing.  Combined we did not pay over $100 online, so it really is not that big of a deal considering our family will double in the next year+.

My backpack is awesome, and it really will make life a lot easier for me, because the husband is ALWAYS the one carrying....ALWAYS!

• We are going to have two bags.

My wife's bag (I'm giving it to her at her shower as a gift from our dogs....) is a huge Coach diaper bag, it's very girly and I know she will like it, but I don't want to carry it. Since I'll be taking the little one to daycare (later) and she will be picking him up, we each need our own bag for when we are on the road. My bag is much smaller and it's Eddie Bauer, so it's kinda of manly? Plus...we have two very different organization styles, I'm very neat and compartmentalized, my wife...will toss any and everything into her bag...it's best we have our own.

• We are getting 2. He is getting a guyish one and I am getting a more feminine one. But together they are only about $60. so its not to bad
  • Here is the Columbia bag that I purchased for myself:

• I may just have to pick this one up for myself.
  • We only have one. Trying to get twins out the door is hard enough without worrying about having multiply bags and if they are all packed. We have one very large bag and just keep it packed.
  • imageKurtDasha:
    I may just have to pick this one up for myself.

What I really like is the changing cloth pull-out that it has with it so I do not have to put his skin on those nasty changing station tables in restrooms.

I would think a lot of diaper bags have that feature, though...

• My hubs plans on re-purpose a laptop bag... Just a thought. 
  • My wife gave me the same option.
  • We have two. I am very anal about where things go that I use often, and DH uses a different organizing system. Plus, he wanted to feel comfortable with the bag that he would be using while I'm working. The way I see it, it's not worth the fight and even though my bag is fairly unisex (taxi print) he would prefer a backpack style. 

I don't see 2 bags as a waste if they will both get used. Owning 2 bags and never using 1 of them, now that's a waste.

ps. about football season, the athletes that get injured about halfway through the season are the ones most likely to be using steroids (the typical length of time for severity of the drugs and work to weaken the body to the point of being susceptible to injury). So when picking your fantasy football team keep in mind who got injured when last season and how they are doing in the preseason this year. 

• I have got a second diaper bag separate from my wife as well. Im sort of a disaster planner and I have extras of everything ready to use - I like the fact you can have a fully stocked second bag ready if needed.
    Also the one my wife got looks like a giant purse :S
  • My wife wanted a second diaper bag for me to have. I thought it was a bit of a waste.

Diaper bag #1 became her new purse, the arsenal, the total pharmacy. It's huge and bulky and only comes on long car rides and places we will stay for hours.

"My" Diaper bag became the "normal" diaper bag. It just has diapers and wipes and a pacifier and some blankets in it... essentials. She uses it far more than I ever do. But it is nice not to have to lug the arsenal around when I take him for a walk (although I'm prone to shove a diaper in my pocket and go).

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BhqjipgCIAAOz7H.jpg
    -My son was born in April 2012. He pretty much rules.
  • My husband is stoked to have his own bag. And why not? If he's happy, I'm happy. 
  • I think we're going to get multiple bags.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"