C-sections

Hospital bed rest till baby comes...

So Thursday I went in for my routine OB appointment and was checked into the hospital for further testing. I had plus 2 protein in my urine. I stayed the night to do a 24 hour urine test and was diagnosed with pre eclampsia Friday night. My protein level is very high and the 24 hour test confirmed that with over 1500 (whatever the measurement is) of protein. My uric acid was also very high. So here I am on hospital bed rest till our baby comes. I am such an emotional stress ball. It's not the ideal situation but I'm dealing. She's still breech so the doctor told me a c section will be my likely form of delivery. My doctor also said if I can make it to 36 weeks (I'll be 35 on Monday) she will feel comfortable taking the baby then. Baby is doing great! Her fluids are great and she's getting big and kicks a lot!! I'm a ticking time bomb (or so my doctor says) and that if my levels or the baby has any major changes then we will deliver right away. It is so scary and nerve racking to sit here and let my mind wander. I worry about having a c section and something going wrong. I worry about the baby. Ahhhh!!!Any other first time moms out there going through anything similar? Anyone have this happen before? I am so worried about the baby being pulled from her little home too soon and having lung development issues or worse. I am hoping I can hold out till 36 weeks!It has been an emotional roller coaster the past couple days. But here is to staying positive and having a healthy baby girl :)  

Re: Hospital bed rest till baby comes...

• Sorry to hear about this!! I've been having protein in mine the past month too. My doctor said it's not to the point she wants to deliver yet and i've had no swelling, headaches, or high BP so we're just waiting it out and getting my urine tested twice a week at my NST's. My c-sec is still scheduled for 39 wks right now.

Luckily I am at 36 wks on Tues if anything was to happen. I really hope you all can make it to 36 and so glad to hear baby is well so far!! Try to hang in there.

• Thank you so much. Last night they did an ultra sound and said she and the placenta look farther along than 34 weeks. At this point I wonder if she's just ready to come out. Haha. But holding out till she or doc says so. Good luck with you c section!! And watch those proteins! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Sorry to her about that, sometimes our bodies do not behave the way they should even when we do everything right. You are in a good position, even if the baby where to be born today it would be OK. It might have to stay in the hospital a bit, but you are going to have a normal baby! Still, better to wait a week if possible to increase the odds that the baby will be ready to go home with you.

The C-section will not be as bad as you imagine. It is pretty quick and painless. The recovery will be a bit harder but after a couple of weeks you will be through the worst of it.

Try to find something to occupy your brain while you are on bed rest. Read a good book, knit, watch some funny movies, anything to occupy your mind. 

Here is a resource about C-Section that may be helpful.

DrMSG www.MedTwice.com
  • So sorry to hear it!

Hope you aren't tooooooo bored!

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"