Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

taking 8 week old golfing?

My husband and I like to golf, but it's obviously been a while since we've gone with the pregnancy. Now that LO is here, DH suggested we go play a round with her in tow. I'm trying to come up with reasons this is a ridiculous suggestion, but I can't think of any. The plan is to put the baby in the car seat, have her in the cart with one of us at all times so she would have protection from stray balls, and go at the latest tee time. If we are slow, I'll just skip a couple holes as necessary. FYI, it's not particularly hot where we live, so I'm not worried about her being outside for a few hours. She's also not a particularly fussy baby, but the idea of doing this is still kind of freaking me out.

TIA for your advice. 

Re: taking 8 week old golfing?

• Options
    k4slr6k4slr6 member
    I say go for it but I am a golfer and we also took our 6 week old on a camping trip. :)  My friend and I took her 9 month old with us once and we used the car seat.  We took a bunge cord and bungied it to the seat in between us.  It was a tight squeeze but it was fun and he was safe then.  we would not have needed to bunge it in since it was a tight squeeze and we were on either side of the seat.  I think an 8 week old would be way easier than an older age.  Good luck!  Let us know how it goes if you decide to.  Just go with the attitude that you may not even golf 9 holes and you will be fine.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My /Chart; BFP 3/8/11 CP 3/16/11; 7/11 HSG & S/A both clear;
    Cycle 12~ 50 mg Clomid=BFP 9/9/11, Beta #1=280 & Beta #2=1513, 6w3d hb=122 bpm/ 8w2d hb=186 bpm/12w2d could not hear hb had a 3rd u/s and got to see the hb. 16w2d heard the hb! 156 bpm. A/S 1/3=girl
    <a href="http://www.thenest.com/?utm_source=ticker&utm_medium=HTML&utm_campaign=tickers" title="Home D
  • Options
    Go for it! :) Just put the car seat by your feet on the golf cart she'll be fine. We take our 7 week old every where with us. She hasnt been golfing yet but im sure it wont be long! It's good to get her out and about, and the fresh air is good too. Think of it as a little family outing even though your LO cant join in the fun quit yet it will still make a good memory, and good bonding time for mom and dad. Have fun! :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Nope, I wouldn't, even though my husband and I are big golfers. Stray balls are a danger no matter where you put her unless she's completely enclosed in something. Golf carts are obviously not made to carry car seats and golf courses can be unexpectedly bumpy - you can't securely anchor the car seat. My guess is most courses wouldn't be too thrilled with you trying to take your infant along, if they even allow you to do so.

Aside from the risks from golfing, I agree that some fresh air is nice for a baby, but keeping a newborn outside for hours in the middle if the summer so you can golf seems...unnecessary at best. 

I would find someone to watch the baby at home if you really want to golf. 

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Just get a baby sitter.  We had a golf outing so I wanting to hit a few so eh and I took lo to the driving range.  One of us stayed by the stroller the whole time, but I was so worried about him making any noise or a ball coming at him that I stayed 5 minutes then left.  It was not worth the hassle of bringing him along on my opinion because I was so worried about him that I could not relax and enjoy myself.  Plus I got some weird looks when I  had the stroller at the driving range, also made me uncomfortable. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"