C-sections
Options

RCS - Did you go into labor before scheduled date?

If you had a RCS, did you go into labor before scheduled date? Did you just have contractions or did your water break?

How do I know if I need to go in sooner than my scheduled date. I know I will go in right away if my water breaks, but what about contractions? How far a part do contractions need to be before going in if you know you are getting a csection?

The past 2 days I have been having lots of pressure in my abdomen and just been feeling really uncomfortable. My scheduled csection is for August 8th but after the way I have felt these past 2 days I don't think I will make it that far. I didn't experience any contractions with my first so I am not sure if what I am experiencing is contractions or not. Just lots of pain off and on.

Re: RCS - Did you go into labor before scheduled date?

• Options
    every dr. is different.  I did not go before it, but I was told anything timeable under 10 mins to call or water breaking, blood, etc.  I had some contractions, but nothing timeable...I kind of knew they were nothing.  I think you can tell when they are something or not. 
    DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
    BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)
  • Options

I have had 3 scheduled c/s (2 RCS). I've never gone into labor. I have NO IDEA what labor is. I'm hoping to not find out this time either.

Talk to your OB. Since my first 2 were breech, she told me to call her and head to the hospital at the first sign of contractions. But, that's because they were breech.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I wouldn't hurt to call just to make sure. If the doc thinks it sounds like something they'll probably tell you to go in and get checked especially being this close. If not then at least you made the phone call... maybe it's just gas?
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    With my RCS, my due date was 6/3 and my OB scheduled the c/s for Tuesday, 6/1, the day after Memorial Day weekend.  I went into labor on Sunday, 5/30 around 12-1 in the morning.  At first I wasn't sure if I was having contractions but every time I laid down and tried to go to sleep they got worse and kept me up.  I called her and she told me to go into L&D to get checked out.  Sure enough, I was 4 cm dialated and they ended up keeping me and my OB came in around 5:30 and did my c/s.  my advice would be if you think you are in labor and having contractions call.  They'll have you go to L&D to get checked out and send you home if it's nothing.  Good luck! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers image
  • Options

I was trying for a VBAC, but my RCS was scheduled for a Monday since I was already overdue with gestational diabetes.  My water broke the Thursday before and my VBAC failed so my RCS happened earlier than scheduled.

You should call your doctor if your contractions are consistent (every 5-10 minutes for an hour).  Of course, if your water breaks, go on to the hospital.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I did.  I had been having contractions the day before but I was so busy at work, I was either in denial or too busy to actually check for a pattern.  I went home at 7pm and laid down and drank a ton of water.  Felt better and went to sleep but woke back up @ 3am to pee.  By 4 the contractions were back but I was trying to sleep and not timing them, but I knew for sure something was going on.  Just before 5, I got up to pee again and I was bleeding bright red.  We were at the hospital 20 minutes later, was checked and was definitely in labor.  Baby was fine and they took their time calling in assistants for surgery and Grace was born at 745.  That was 7 days before my rcs.  Since you're having a rcs, it doesn't hurt to call your doctor just to check in.  Ideally, they don't like you to go into labor which is why they schedule you earlier for c/s.
    BFP #1 5/10/06 ...m/mc @11.5w 6/29/06 D&C 6/30/06
    BFP #2 10/29/08 ...stillborn via c/s @41w 7/20/09
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    missing my baby everyday
    BFP #3 1/20/10 My angel's little sister Grace Madison was born September 8th 2010 @37w. We're so blessed! Thank you angel for getting her here safely.
    BFP #4 12/30/11. Jackson Christopher 8/22/2012 via repeat c/s @ 37w 3d
  • Options
    I did not go into labor before my scheduled date.  My c/s was at 39 weeks 2 days.  I started to lose my mucous plug but that was it, no contractions.  I don't remember what my OB told me about going into labor before the date.  I asked because I was concerned too.  I think he said if I was having regular contractions 3-5 mins apart for an hour.  And at that I would have had to have been in active labor for them to do the c/s early.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageimageimage
  • Options

I went into labor 3 days before my schedule date (about a week after my due date). I was having contractions every 5 mins that were VERY intense (peaking on the monitor) and also (TMI alert) I went to the bathroom and I pulled out a huge strand of something (what I now assume was my mucus plug). After that, I kept feeling like I had to go to the bathroom while we were getting ready to leave.... but I assume that was the rest of my water coming out. Right before we were about to leave the hospital they did a test on my urine and saw my water had broke.

Unfortunately for me.... despite my major contractions (plus pitocin), I was in labor for 16 hours before they did a c/s. Since my water broke they had to get him out to avoid infection... so c/s it was!

• Options
    With my first, my water broke at 37w5d and I had a scheduled section for 39w. They gave me the option at the hospital whether to try vaginal or go ahead with the c-section. We opted for the c-section- this time they are scheduling me closer to 38w to try and avoid having my water break since I am on blood thinners which can make getting the spinal dangerous. They will take me off the meds 24 hours before this time.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I went into the hospital at 37 weeks exactly (RCS was scheduled for 39 weeks) after having 5-7 min contractions for a full day. The on-call call doc had them give me a shot to stop labor. I was NOT HAPPY.

Two days later, we went back in after having contractions 5 mins apart for a couple hours. They wouldn't call the doc in (late night) until they knew I was in "real labor" -- which meant I had to labor hard for 6 hours before I finally had cervical change. (Came in at a 2, had to get to 3.)

From laboring with both pregnancies, I now know that my body requires lots of hard and frequent contractions to get my cervix moving. It was a very frustrating situation and I've asked my doctor this time around if there's any way to avoid that if I go early this time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"