Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

XP bassinet or playpen useful/worth it?

I have a crib for our LO, and we usually co-sleep-- as I nurse.  I have been debating whether to buy a bassinet or a play pen for our room.  In the past I have had one- and LO still ends up in our bed.  Our house is very small - like 1100 sq feet- so not huge, but I like the baby to be close to us.  

Are you getting/using a playpen?  I'm so lost on this baby - even though I have 3 others as the season is different.  We don't travel much - and when we do we have a rocker/bouncey chair baby can sleep/nap in say for holidays or lay her on the floor in a room at family's..  When we had a playpen before we used it maybe 5 X - if that 

lolololo

Re: XP bassinet or playpen useful/worth it?

• Options
    We have a cradle, but I don't think we'll be using it much (unless of course it turns out that's what the baby likes to sleep in).  As of now our plan is a co-sleeper that doubles as a play yard (the Arm's Reach Co-sleeper).  I've heard great things about it, and you only have to have one piece of baby gear instead of two.  They make a mini, too, if you're limited on space.  I like the idea of having the baby in the room with us for the first few months, but I don't want to full on bed share because I want the baby to be used to and comfortable in their own space.
  • Options
    We have the Century Fold N Go playard and it works well for us for certain situations. We lived in an even smaller place than you, yet still had use for it! (Our apartment was 500 sq. ft, we just moved out to a new house two weeks ago.) We used the playard on trips and also sent it to the babysitters house and let her keep it there.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"