Empty sac? — The Bump
Upstate NY Babies

Empty sac?

I had my first appt today at what I thought was 7.5 wks.  I had some slight cramping and blood this am and they said I was measuring at 5wks and that my sac was empty, but a fetus pole doesn't develp until another few days.  I left the appt so sad thinking that maybe this is a false pregnancy.  Has anyone else had an empty sac with a more positive outcome?

thanks!!

Re: Empty sac?

• hey hun i hope tht u have a positive outcome.Last year i had an empty sac and i had a miscarriage at 3 months .SO give it some time and see if anything develops plz dnt stress about it sometimes we think tht we are further than what we really are.Some women bleed early in pregnanacy like i did after having a miscarriage a yr ago with the empty sac pregnancynow im 5 months and counting and i also bleed alot with this babay and thank god all is still going well for us so there is  hope.MUCH BABY DUST TO YOU
  • Hopefully your dates are just off. I had an ultrasound at 5w5d and only saw a gestational sac and yolk sac. I'm 23 weeks now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I had 2 miscarriages and the third pregancy at 7 1/2 weeks I was only measuring 5 weeks with an empty sac. I had high hormone levels at 15,000 but dropping progesterone (From 10 - 8.6) and bleeding (heavy first few hours, then heavy spotting so I thought it was another miscarriage. They did say I had a blood clot so perhaps it burst (subchorionic hemhorrage) and was fine after that. They prepared us for the worst but at 8 1/2 weeks I measured 6 weeks and 2 days and they saw a heartbeat!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards