Babies on the Brain
Options

That was a close one

So I haven't had my cell phone on me a lot this past month for various reasons and as a result missed four pills in my last pack when I normally never miss. I had some breakthrough spotting and thought I may have somehow gotten pregnant but now I have my full on period so I know that didn't happen.

I do however believe that I did ovulate because this period is not a birth control pill period. I'm having my normal cramps and my normal non pill obscene amounts of clotting and bleeding so I'm pretty sure this period is the real thing. 

The funny thing is now that we know there was a chance there DH and I are kinda bummed that I'm not pregnant! But It's for the best that we wait a few more months, especially since I have my first dentist appointment in over 5 years in a few weeks so getting pregnant before that would be kind of problematic. I NEED to go to the dentist. 

Re: That was a close one

• Options

imagethekikimonster:
    I'm confused how you not having your cell phone around directly correlates with you missing birth control pills.

I'm guessing she sets an alarm on her phone to remind her to take the pill..?

• Options

imagethekikimonster:
    I'm confused how you not having your cell phone around directly correlates with you missing birth control pills.

Agreed.  Do you HAVE to have a reminder EVERY day?  I think taking a pill every day is something that is hard to forget.  That is, unless you are new to taking a pill everyday.  Is that the case?

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageCarolineEmma:
    But It's for the best that we wait a few more months, especially since I have my first dentist appointment in over 5 years in a few weeks so getting pregnant before that would be kind of problematic. I NEED to go to the dentist. 

You can go to the dentist while you are pregnant. In fact you should not avoid the dentist because you are pregnant.  You should still get regular cleanings.  Just let them know that you are pregnant, when you are that is.  

+#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
  • Options
    imagemegemoney:

imagethekikimonster:

Agreed.  Do you HAVE to have a reminder EVERY day?  I think taking a pill every day is something that is hard to forget.  That is, unless you are new to taking a pill everyday.  Is that the case?

I had to have a reminder or I would forget. Between work, classes, and every day activities, the last thing on my mind was to take a pill. Even now I forget to take my Met and vitamins daily.

"I stammered, unable to form a coherent thought because I have a vagina."

• Options
    imageBoopADoopBetty:
    imagemegemoney:

imagethekikimonster:

I had to have a reminder or I would forget. Between work, classes, and every day activities, the last thing on my mind was to take a pill. Even now I forget to take my Met and vitamins daily.

I actually had a reminder on my cell phone and dh had one on his. There were times I would have forgotten if not for it. 

R&K married 4.15.11. TTC #1 since 7.11.12

BFP #1 9.9.12 EDD 5.21.13 c/p 9.12.12 at 4 weeks 1 day

BFP #2 10.15.12 EDD 6.28.13 c/p 10.19.12 at  4 weeks.

BFP #3 1.19.13 EDD 10.1.13 Eleanor born 10.7.13 at 40 weeks 6 days

13dpo hcg@32, progesterone@13.7, 15dpo hcg@110, 16dpo progesterone@25.9

My blog:Urban Times in Michigan ~ My Bfp Chart

• Options
    imagekelle017:
    imageBoopADoopBetty:
    imagemegemoney:

imagethekikimonster:

I actually had a reminder on my cell phone and dh had one on his. There were times I would have forgotten if not for it. 

All of this really surprises me.  Maybe I am just neuroitc about my health and medications.  

• Options

imagejessuhmarie:
    I suggest a journal or a blog or maybe a friend? This isn't your diary, sweetheart.

Yay TTGP shows up to say what can be posted. 

• Options
    imageMysterious_wife:

imagejessuhmarie:
    I suggest a journal or a blog or maybe a friend? This isn't your diary, sweetheart.

Yay TTGP shows up to say what can be posted. 

At least I recognize the OP.  You, my dear Jessuhmarie, not so much.  I'm with MW.  Thanks for letting us know how BOTB should be run. 

View Full Size Image

• Options
    I'm in the phone reminder camp as well. It was fine the days I worked but on my off days I'd loose track of time. I would find myself lost in a project, look at the clock see it was 1 pm and then look back at the clock and it was 3 pm. So, I set a phone reminder to make sure I didn't forget while busy :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    atcwagatcwag member
    Wouldn't it be easier to, say, put them by your toothbrush and take first thing in the AM or right before bed?
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I must admit the first thing I thought when reading this was,"Wait, what does her phone being MIA have to do with not remembering to take her pills?". 

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

imageatcwag:
    Wouldn't it be easier to, say, put them by your toothbrush and take first thing in the AM or right before bed?

See, that would be fine for some people if they have a set schedule. I wake up and go to bed at different times due to my work schedule. I'm always awake at 2:00pm no matter what shift I work or what cycle I'm on. So, I found that to be easier to work around.

But I never missed days at a time. I remembered to take it that day but wanted to make sure I was taking it at the same time.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"