January 2011 Moms

Would you go camping in a tent with an 18 mo old?

H and I are throwing it around.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Would you go camping in a tent with an 18 mo old?

• That is a tricky one.  I think Justin was 4 or 5 the first time we took him tent camping.  We could have taken him at 18 months but I don't know about Joshua.  It would depend on the size of the tent, the child's disposition and what the weather would be like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We'd probably try it.  Last summer we took DD. 

• Loading the player...
  • Sure why not
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Where you live, maybe. Here, no way. It'd be way too hot and we'd all be cranky as hell. If it turns out to be awful do you have somewhere closeby to go in the middle of the night?
  • I'm biased. I would NOT but I also would not go if I didn't have JT. I'm just not brave and I don't welcome nature.
  • We just did, it was awesome. It was really hot (Texas hill country) but we were near the Frio river so we jumped in any time we needed to cool off. I probably wouldn't go at this time of year without being near some body of water.

I mean, I won't say it's super relaxing- definitely at least as much chasing LO around and saying "eww don't eat that" as at home, but it was still really fun. We took a pack n play for LO to sleep in.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We went for 5 days around memorial day and are going for a week in 2 weeks.  Ds has been camping since he was 4 months old, because he is so mobile it was a little trickier but we brought some extra toys and had a great time.  Ds sleeps in the pack and play when we camp.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • It depends.

Where would LO sleep? Would you buy an air mattress and put LO in between you? Has your LO bedshared before so you know they would actually do it without freaking out? Do you have a tent large enough to accomodate a PnP and would LO even sleep in a PnP?

It depends on how flexible your child is with sleep really.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe. Depends on where. If we had a camper then yeahhhhh..if it was just a tent then maybe...

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yes, I would definitely. I would try to make sure there was some place shady to set up to help keep it cool. If you decide to good luck should be a fun experience.

FYI: Camping with a toddler is not relaxing. It is fun though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Considering I have to get hotel suites now when we travel because DS needs his own room, dark space, and sound machine to go to sleep....I probably won't go camping with him until he is 21.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"