Pre-School and Daycare

Britax Frontier vs. Graco Nautilus

If you have either one what are the pros and cons? I am trying to decide between the two for my 4 year old. TIA

Re: Britax Frontier vs. Graco Nautilus

• We have both, but the Frontier gets a lot more use because it's in my car.

My DD prefers the Frontier because it's pink. :) The straps tend to tangle on the Frontier, which is a pain, but we have the same issue (probably more so) with the Graco. The Graco is also a little harder to tighten. Overall, they're both great seats, and I'm sure you'd be happy with either.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Natilus and love it. We don't have a problem tightening it. Between both cars we have 3 of them. I don't recommend getting the light colors cause they show dirt like crazy.  I do like the booster it turns into a lot better then the tubo booster. The turbo booster is so flimsy.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Frontier in both of our vehicles and love it. I honestly do not have one single complaint about the seat.

This question has came through here quite often and I have seen several complaints about the Nautilus crotch strap being uncomfortable for boys.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageSeasideBride06:

We have the Frontier in both of our vehicles and love it. I honestly do not have one single complaint about the seat.

This question has came through here quite often and I have seen several complaints about the Nautilus crotch strap being uncomfortable for boys.

This exactly.  I compared the two a lot and decided on the Frontier.  Love it.

Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • KadyraKadyra member
    We have the Nautilus and love it. We will be buying another when the hand me down Sunshine kids seat we have expires. 
    Photobucket Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • We went to the store to try the two out.  I also heard about the crotch strap on the nautilus being snug, and it definitely was.  It was on the farthest setting away from DS and it was coming out from underneath him.  For that reason, we went with the frontier.  I think it's a great seat.  Had the crotch strap issue not been there, we would have bought the nautilus, simply due to the price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The Nautilus usually doesn't make a good booster, so I'd check the booster fit on both before deciding. 
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • I had the Nautilus and hated it and returned it.  Found it way to hard to tighten.  No experience with the Britax, though. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I went with the Frontier.  The no-thread harness adjust won me over and I prefer the premium LATCH connectors. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • We have the Frontier in my SUV and we like it. I just picked up the Graco My Ride b/c it was on sale and my dh needed one in his car. So far the only complaint with the Frontier is getting it installed but that could be just me.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"