Health & Exercise
Options

Intro

Hey everyone! I've been lurking on here, but not posting much for awhile, so I figured I'd intro myself so I'd have incentive to post more :-)

I'm 23 and have a one year old son. I didn't gain much during my pregnancy and have lost it all plus some since giving birth, but I am struggling with making time for my usual amount of exercise while being a mom!

I most post over on the TTGP board as we're TTC #2, but I have my Master's degree in exercise physiology and am an ACSM certified clinical exercise physiologist, so I'm hoping I can be of good use here. Plus, I am nowhere close to the shape I was in prior to getting pregnant (as far as strength and endurance wise), so I definitely would love to learn the art of exercise+mommyhood from you ladies!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"For this child I prayed, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him." x 2

Re: Intro

• Options
    Hi!  I have to get out of the house and into a gym.  Last year I was going to the gym 4-5 days a week.  Either my mom or DH would watch DD when I went.  my mom doesn't work so that was a huge help.  I would have to wait until 5pm if it was a day DH would watch her.  After I met my goal weight and felt better about my body I toned it down to 3 days a week.  Right now I'm doing 4 days a week with the Hip Hop Abs program at home.  I try to do it when she is napping but there its seems to be happening later in the after noon when she wakes up.  It is driving me nuts to exercise at home because she wakes up and tries to get in my way and I'm just not in my zone.  Luckily I will be going back to the gym next week.  our new gym opens and will have day care, so I'm very much looking forward to that.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"