Two Under 2

schedule

just had a baby a few wks ago in addition to my 21 month old. can anyone share a sample day to day schedule with two under two? i am just curious. as of now i feel that i am neglecting one of them since i cannot do thing s w/ t hem together & just wondering how u other moms cope with it from morning -night!

its very go go go although i tend to not get much of anything done! hahha

Re: schedule

• Mine are 25 months apart, but close enough. DD1 is 2 and 4 months and DD2 is 3 months. Baby naps 90 min after last wakeup if we are home, if out, then she falls asleep when she is tired. I have found it works best to try to get the baby on the toddler's schedule otherwise we would never get out of the house

Here is our schedule for the average day:
    6-6:30am wake up
    (I quickly shower while toddler is watching tv and baby is in bouncy seat happy after bottle)
    7am - breakfast
    7:30/8am - baby naps for 45 min-1 hour/(mommy/toddler time)
    9:30/10am - 12pm - get out of the house and baby naps on the go, usually do something toddler related like park or zoo or gymboree, maybe run errands
    12pm - Lunch
    12:45/1pm - Naptime (baby naps 2 hours, toddler can be anywhere from 30-120min) (sometimes I attempt a nap if I am exhausted enough otherwise watch tv or go online)
    4:30/5pm - Baby naps some nights if woke up early from nap (I make dinner)
    5pm - Dinner
    6pm - Bathtime
    6:30-7pm - Bedtime

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My current schedule is a whole lot different because I have two toddlers now vs 2u2. However, when I was in the midst of 2u2, I always kept my regular schedule of activities with my older child as soon as I felt physically capable after my c-section (which ended up being around 4 weeks PP). We would go out in the morning, usually somewhere around 9-10 oclock and go to some sort of activity. In the early months, the best ones were story time at the library because there were lots of other moms around to help, it killed an hour and a half, and it was a contained place that my son could run around and socialize with other kids. I would go to three a week-one in my town and two other ones in different towns. The baby learned to sleep on the go pretty quickly--either in her carseat or in the ergo. That would be my best advice with 2u2 is try to get your youngest to get used to sleeping on the go as soon as possible. If you get out of the house a lot it will help keep your sanity.

GL!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine are 15 months apart and the first few months were hard until I could get the newborn on a napping schedule.  I agree with a previous poster to try and get the newborn on your toddler's schedule.  Both my kids now nap at noon and that is the most important thing for me.  I need them both to sleep at the same time for a few hours everyday and I usually sleep too.

It gets easier! 

5:30 wake up

6:00 breakfast

8:00 infant naps

9:00 we usually leave the house for an activity

11:00 lunch

12-3 infant and toddler naps

3:30 snack

6:00 dinner

7:00 baths and bedtime

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.