My first post here! — The Bump
Special Needs

My first post here!

Anyone else with a child with Epilepsy? My DD is 5 and was diagnosed at 18 months even though she has been having seizures since birth.
Carly
(Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

Re: My first post here!

• Welcome to the board! I don't have a child with seizures but there are seizure moms here.  :-)
  • My DD had seizures when she was born as well, due to a stroke.  She's been on lots of meds since then, which have helped control them thus far (she's 15 months now).  We were told that she's considered to be epileptic, since she's had more than 1 seizure on more than 1 day.  We're hoping to wean her meds next April when she turns 2 (her neurologist wants her to be seizure-free for 2 years).  Good luck - there's definitely some others on here in your situation.  Welcome!
    [IMG]http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj99/ally81698/2-2-1.jpg[/IMG]
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! My DD is on Lamictal 25 mg twice a day but still has break through seizures because she's so small and at her max dosage but it needs to be higher. It took a while for us to get a dx. I hope you do too!
    Carly
    (Former UN: iloveshanej)

Birdie born 05/01/2007
    Rainbow Surprise Baby due 05/26/2017                                          

Potato Launcher

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards