Health & Exercise
Options

Clean Eating?

I think I'm going to attempt this as part of a challenge I'm doing for August.  ANy tips or suggestions?  TIA!
 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Clean Eating?

• Options

I just started this as well.  I am just trying to keep things simple.  So for me, I just try to eat food that is tampered with the least, if that makes sense.  Like I eat apples versus applesauce, avocados that I can make into my own guacamole versus store bought guacamole, etc. I try to eat this way 80% of the time.  That way I don't lose control because I deny myself some of my favorite things.  

I hope that helps! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Look up I believe the real food challenge. It's a site/blog with lots of helpful tips on clean eating. I believe her recommendation is to find products with five pronounceable ingredients or less. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My family and I eat clean. What works best for me is to pick 2 or 3 main meal recipes from the eating clean website or cook books and make them at the beginning of the week. Then put them in individual serving tupperware. Then i chop up veggies and do the same. That way I dont have to think about cooking and it makes it easier as clean eating tends to be more labor intensive then eating prepackaged processed food.
  • Options
    Check out the Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. She breaks it down pretty simply.  And, if you're not already a vegetarian, cut out the meat.  Good luck :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagestr8outalne:
    Check out the Eat-Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. She breaks it down pretty simply.  And, if you're not already a vegetarian, cut out the meat.  Good luck :)

This! You can check out eatcleandiet.com. The kitchen table is an online community similar to this one that supports clean eating. Plus there are recipes, meal plans and tons of tools to help you get started.  

• Options
    Clean Eating magazine has a lot of wonderful recipes. I've found great stuff that the whole family likes (which makes life easier). I also second what a PP said about not denying yourself. I did a Clean Eating challenge for a month a while ago and I became obsessed with getting a Starbucks mocha for two weeks! It is easier to allow a couple of indulgences here or there and stick to the challenge the majority of the time. I find I can last a lot longer that way.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagestr8outalne:

How is meat not clean?  It has one ingredient.  Plus it is dense source of protein, fat, vitamins and minerals--some of which are difficult to get otherwise.

You can become more choosey with your meats though.  Certain seafoods, like wild salmon, are an excellent source of omega 3s for example.  Good quality meats can be found on local farms that humanly treat their animals and provide them with quality food.  You could also check out US Wellness Meats online.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagejkelly41:
    I think I'm going to attempt this as part of a challenge I'm doing for August.  ANy tips or suggestions?  TIA!

Have you read Tosca Reno's Books on Clean Eating? Great resources as well as the magazine Clean Eating for great recipes.  There are also tons of resources online with forums, blogs, and recipes to follow a clean eating lifestyle.  Before getting pregnant I worked out hard and ate clean and lost weight rather quickly but more importantly I felt good, and my body and skin looked healthy. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"