Stay at Home Moms
Options

After singing the praises of Aldi...

2»

Re: After singing the praises of Aldi...

• Options
    imagePurpleDrewbie5:
    imagetrizzie:
    imagegravytrain225:

imagelanie30:
    I would be a bit embarassed that it took a cashiers interference to stop bad behaviour in my child, but assault? police? Yeah. You're nuts.

Thank you!  Let's blame our inattentive parenting on the cashier! Woo!!

First of all - the overreacting comes from the posters claiming they would call the police NOT me (the OP).  Second of all, I stated in my original post that I was standing there and keeping my daughter from touching the credit card machine the entire time and yet, she still reached out on and grabbed my daughter's hand.  So, inattentive parenting is far from accurate.

Clearly not everybody read the OP. Anyone who read the OP would know you're not calling the police but waiting on a call for the manager. You weren't being inattentive. At least half of the kids that go through check stands reach for and touch the credit card machines. No matter how many buttons your daughter pushed, she wasn't going to hurt the machine. A kid came through my line once that actually pulled the entire screen off of the metal post deal. I didn't grab the kid's arm, I called the manager while the mother apologized profusely. It took my manager about 2minutes to put the screen back on the metal post thing. Maybe if you were letting your daughter put her hand in a box of knives the cashier could have grabbed it. She should have kept her hands to herself.

Thank  you. :)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Options
    imageNandaB:

imagegracendantho26:
    You are way overreacting. period!

YOU are clearly not reading the original post. She called to complain about a customer service employees behavior. She is unhappy she did not get a response.

Trizzie- I would have also been upset and i think you handled it well.

for the crazies saying she should get the cashier fired and arrested, you do know thats drazy and not gonna happen, right? you, as a customer dont get to decree someone fired.

for the bishes who wanted to make sure you called her kid a brat, or made some point about how the op wasn't disciplining her kid- stop it. you are super rude and judgemental. But thenagain, your kids must be perfect 

Thank you. :)
    Thanks to all who actually read the OP and realized I am not the one wanting to call the police etc (which I agree is an extreme overreaction to this).

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers m/c 01-07-10
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    MJCFMJCF member
    imagecruelsound:
    Hello, 911? Yeah, uh, the cashier at Aldi just pushed my child's hand away from the credit card machine. Why? Oh, because she was touching it. Yeah, she kept touching it and wouldn't stop. What? Yeah, so she kept touching it and I didn't really do anything to stop her, so the cashier pushed her hand away. I want her arrested for assault! That's right, she hit my daughter! What? Yeah, I said pushed but she was so mean about it! So yeah, that's why I said hit. Huh? I mean, I guess she was just annoyed with my bratty kid and my lack of attentive parenting and the fact that I'm the millionth stupid parent who has put her in this same situation. What? You won't arrest her? Why are you laughing at me?
    Did you read any of the post before replying? She wasn't letting her kid play with the machine. She was stopping her and the cashier was out of line. I usually like pug people but I guess you are the exception. I go to Aldi weekly and DS always wants to touch the machine. I always stop him and the cashiers are the ones telling me that its fine and he can touch it. If they didn't want him messing with it they can move the cart a bit. They always place the cart where they want it anyway. I'm with you Trizzie. I'd be doing what you are doing. I might wait a couple of days and give them the opportunity to contact me but I would definitely make sure I spoke to someone about it. Sorry you had a bad cashier. I was just thinking the other day how everyone at the Aldi I go to is always so nice. Hope you hear back soon and let us know what they say.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagetrizzie:
    imageNandaB:

imagegracendantho26:
    You are way overreacting. period!

YOU are clearly not reading the original post. She called to complain about a customer service employees behavior. She is unhappy she did not get a response.

Trizzie- I would have also been upset and i think you handled it well.

for the crazies saying she should get the cashier fired and arrested, you do know thats drazy and not gonna happen, right? you, as a customer dont get to decree someone fired.

for the bishes who wanted to make sure you called her kid a brat, or made some point about how the op wasn't disciplining her kid- stop it. you are super rude and judgemental. But thenagain, your kids must be perfect 

Thank you. :)
    Thanks to all who actually read the OP and realized I am not the one wanting to call the police etc (which I agree is an extreme overreaction to this).

My posts weren't in reaction to your OP either. At least for the most part. 

• Options
    DochasDochas member

imageCurlingRocks:
    She probably could have made her point much better by telling your LO "Do not touch that".  In my experience kids who are ignoring their parents' discipline attempts in a situation like that will listen to the store employee because they are more official.  Sorry you had to deal with that.

Sadly many people would be outraged at you for "parenting their child".

TTC since September '08 After 2 m/c - lap for stage 3-4 endo Oct '09 Bravelle w/Ovidrel trigger - iui on 11/07 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsBPOMrsBPO member
    imagescatteredtrees:
    imageimoan:
    imagescatteredtrees:

For the record, Trizzie, I think you handled it pretty well and like a normal, sane person. I wouldn't have placed a call (more likely just told the cashier not to touch my child) but I don't think it's an overreaction. You're not calling to demand the immediate termination of the cashier- just let her boss know she was out of line. 

I think other people do need to chill the f out though, especially with the cop calling and pitch fork vigilante justice.  

Dreaded this. 

dreaded what? 

It took me a second but to translate:  "The dreaded 'This' as in I agree with what the PP said."

OP, I agree that you're taking the right steps.  Contact corporate and make sure it rolls downhill so the cashier can be retrained on that issue.

As for the folks who are wanting to call the police, have arrest warrants signed by the local magistrate, call CPS...Sheesh.  Wow. and just plain "Really???"

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"