Postpartum Depression

Anxiety going out with baby?

I feel like such a bad mom because I almost never take DD anywhere. Not because it's a hassle just because 1. I'm afraid something terrible will happen (I've been in like ten car accidents -none of them my fault!    2. I'm afraid of her having a breakdown or puking (which has happened) which saying out loud doesn't sound like a big deal and it wouldn't be but I think the worst is 3. I feel like people are constantly judging me as a mother when I'm out with her. I just don't feel good enough to be her mom and I feel like everyone knows that I'm not smart enough, pretty enough, deserving enough etc. and they're just like "oh that cute little baby is stuck with that clod of a mother". It's ridiculous because I'm sure people barely give us a passing glance but I can't help it. Meanwhile we stay in all the time which doesn't help the PPD/PPA either. I just got us all ready to go to the mall and I just don't think I can face the world. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker photo c15e5de6-d798-4a98-9644-9987af04720b_zpsa920caa6.jpg

Re: Anxiety going out with baby?

• I feel like you should just bite the bullet. Maybe the mall is a big step maybe try the post office or some little arrand first. It's not nearly as bad as you think it is.
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I felt the same way about my son for a very long time. Realized it was a part of my PPD after seeing a shrink
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"