January 2012 Moms

UO?

I will go first.....

I am not a big fan of watermelon. Its okay but I can do without.

Re: UO?

• I agree! Never been a big watermelon fan, it is not tasty enough to be worth the mess.

My UO: I have no problem with going into massive amounts of debt to get the degree you want, so that you can get the job you want, even if said job will never pay you a lot of money. This is what I did; I will be paying off student loans for a looooooooong time but I don't care, I am working in the field that I love, I am very very qualified for it, and I loved every expensive minute of college and grad school. Life is not just about dollars in, dollars out, it's about doing what you love even if you don't have a lot left over at the end of the day.

imageimage
  • I think Robert Pattinson is ugly...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My UO is I think there should be safer, chemical free options in the supermarket.  I'm getting into making my own soaps and such because the list of health hazards related to cleaners is staggering.  Even though it's not the norm, why can't we manufacter products that don't kill our health that are readily available in super markets?  People use unhealthy products because the healthy stuff isn't readily available.
    July '15 siggy challenge: Thanksgiving fails
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
    PitaPata Cat tickersPitaPata Cat tickers
  • imagebigbear:
    I think Robert Pattinson is ugly...

I totally agree on this one. 

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagewolson1988:

imagebigbear:
    I think Robert Pattinson is ugly...

I totally agree on this one. 

me too

imageimageimage
  • imageLibraryChica:

My UO: I hate the idea of "mommy knows best" (often spouted by male relatives as an excuse of laziness and moms everywhere to explain decisions, IMO). DH spends just as much time with DD and is just as capable. We disagree on things sometimes, but I am not inherently right because of my sex. (Though I was right this morning, just not because of my sex. Wink

I totally agree. It's right up there with Happy Mommy=Happy Baby for me.  

• imageLibraryChica:

imagelilnightmusic:
    Following the vein of kmm- I don't regret going to my expensive private school one bit. After seeing my sister go through state school I am 100% sure that my education is much, much better.  

I had the exact opposite experience with a friend.  I'll stick to my state BA/MS and my complete lack of student debt. 

My UO: I hate the idea of "mommy knows best" (often spouted by male relatives as an excuse of laziness and moms everywhere to explain decisions, IMO). DH spends just as much time with DD and is just as capable. We disagree on things sometimes, but I am not inherently right because of my sex. (Though I was right this morning, just not because of my sex. Wink

I did not mean at all to say that a cheap or free education is not valuable - I had scholarships and went to a very affordable state school for undergrad, and had a great experience, but the field I decided I wanted to go into is one that has very few options as far as degrees go.  For my masters, I felt that it was worth it to go "all in," go to a good program where I would get the best education and experience for what i wanted to do. I guess what I'm really saying is, I know lots of people who go get a business admin degree so they can hurry up and get a job they hate and climb the corporate ladder, and think that getting an advanced degree, heaven forbid one in a field that's not totally money-making oriented, is a waste of time.

This is also something DH always tells me he hears Dave Ramsey counsel people on and it bugs me. I think, if you have something that you're passionate about and want to make your life's work, you should do whatever you can to achieve it, even if that means you have to struggle some along the way, take out loans, etc., and the amount of money you make when you're done is not the one and only measure of success.

imageimage
  • I love the rush of a wild thunderstorm.  Like wicked rain and hail, lightning, shake the house thunder.  As long as no one gets hurt, and we're in the basement if sh*t gets western, bring it on.  Storms are fascinating. 

In the winter I love the massive snowfalls we get here, like the ones where you can't open the door, let alone get out of the drive way or go to work. If its gonna be 40 below and spew the white stuff, make it worth it!   Two years ago we had a huge snowfall and wind blew in snow plugging off our whole street and most of the town, buried vehicles and took days to clear out. It was like a hurricane party, in the prairies, in the dead of winter.  Fun. 

DSC_0637DSC_0742 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageKitKat83:

I love the rush of a wild thunderstorm.  Like wicked rain and hail, lightning, shake the house thunder.  As long as no one gets hurt, and we're in the basement if sh*t gets western, bring it on.  Storms are fascinating

In the winter I love the massive snowfalls we get here, like the ones where you can't open the door, let alone get out of the drive way or go to work. If its gonna be 40 below and spew the white stuff, make it worth it!   Two years ago we had a huge snowfall and wind blew in snow plugging off our whole street and most of the town, buried vehicles and took days to clear out. It was like a hurricane party, in the prairies, in the dead of winter.  Fun. 

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"