Late Term and Child Loss
Options

*TTC My Rainbow Check-In*

Hello Ladies,I hope I can find you all well and positive this week! Please don't be shy in asking the PGAL/PAL ladies questions if you have them. Lots of baby dust on all of you!What do you find is the hardest thing to deal with while ttcal? What do you find is the most helpful to keep you calm and relaxed while ttcal? Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: *TTC My Rainbow Check-In*

• Options
    What do you find is the hardest thing to deal with while ttcal?The roller coaster of emotions.  The first two weeks of the month are full of hope that this will be our month.  Then the last two weeks are the crash over the other side of the mountain when AF shows up and all that hope is shattered again.  The difference between the two is astounding to me.
     What do you find is the most helpful to keep you calm and relaxed while ttcal?Great questions... what DO you do to keep calm and relaxed?
     Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? A good friend and coworker is pregnant.  I'm full of mixed feelings on this one.  Happiness and worry for her, jealously and sadness for us.  I wish I could go back to the days of pregnancy innocence.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• Options
    What do you find is the hardest thing to deal with while ttcal? I want a take home baby so much, but the thought of actually being pregnant again for nine long months is terrifying and I'm not sure I'll be able to handle it. I try not to think about it too much. Also, I'm pretty disappointed about how other things in my life have worked out for me (mainly career-wise) and I'm tired of being defeated. Every month with no pg seriously lowers my self-efficacy.
     What do you find is the most helpful to keep you calm and relaxed while ttcal? In reference to the above, I try to think about the process in small steps. In order to get a take home baby, first I have to get the all-clear for my medication, then I have to take my medication, then I have to go for my monitoring visit, then I have to start using opks, then we have/get to dtd, then I have to confirm ovulation with temps, then I have to wait, then I have to get my progesterone tested, then I start testing at home. I try to just think about the step I'm on. This cycle I've been more relaxed because I haven't temped the whole time. I started mid-cycle and only did it until I had two high temps in a row, then I stopped. It's really helped me not stress every night and every morning. I've been able to sleep better.  
     Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? Today I am waiting on the results of my progesterone test. I didn't have any problem when I was pg with Patricia (actually never tested it), but on my last clomid cycle, my temp dropped after 8 days so I'm a little worried about it now. Also, I think I'll test for the first time on Sunday.

Our Angel Patricia born sleeping 3/30/12 at 31 weeks
    Our Fighter Anna born early 1/8/13 at 26 weeks
    Hoping to bring home #3 due 9/9/15
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    What do you find is the hardest thing to deal with while ttcal?

The hope and then the dissapointment.  We did our first cycle last month - did a FET on 6/26.  Beta #1 and 2 were good, but 3 showed things wern't progressing and ultrasound and #4 confirmed it.  So I came off the meds and misscarried last weekend at about 6 weeks.  We're really dissapointed, I feel like it would have been better if it was a BFN from the begining.  At least things progressed naturally and I didn't need the shot or a D&C.  So now we wait until my period and try again. 

What do you find is the most helpful to keep you calm and relaxed while ttcal?

So far, not much.  DH really helps - he stays positive even when I'm a mess.  Other than that, I've just gotten to the point that I've realized there is nothing I can do about this.  I want a child more than anything in the world, but I can only follow the Drs orders and keep myself healthy and pray that next time works.

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week?

Just waiting to cycle again.  We got a new puppy last week as a companion for our 3 year old.  She's really sweet and its definetely helped my mood.  Also trying to think of a hobby I might like to take my mind off of things.

Good luck to everyone!
  • Options
    We are not officially TTC yet but we just met with our RE to come up with a plan to start in mid-September.   I started provera on Tuesday night to bring on AF and will take it again on 9/1-9/10 to bring on AF to start treatments again.  For me the hardest things is and will be the emotions and knowing there is a possibility it may not happen again for us (as I will be 40 & we need fertility treatments to help us, plus if/when we do get pg, there is always the chance for another loss.) 

When we do start TTC, I think keeping hope in the front of my mind will help me.  Acupuncture has helped me in the past so I may look to do that again if we can afford it.  

Open Topic. What is on your mind this week? 
    How much I miss our sweet angel who was born 6 weeks ago tomorrow!   I also finally decided to go see a therapist and have an appointment in late August so I am thinking about that a lot since I made the appointment yesterday.   TTC has been on my mind too as we had an appt with our RE this past Monday and we have a plan! Lots of things on my mind this week. 

- Leslie

~ Mommy to Aaron, 21 months and to our sweet angel, Ethan James, born at 18w on 6/15/12 
  • Options

I find all of the waiting to be difficult. I tend to over analyze every little thing and wonder if it could be an early symptom.

This is something I am trying to work on. :) It is hard to stay calm and relaxed. I think walking and trying to stay busy are helpful.

Open Topic: What is on your mind this week?

Braxton is on my mind, even more than usual, because of his three month anniversary yesterday. I have been imagining what he would be like as a three month old and wishing he was here.

Also, I am in the two week wait of our first cycle. I know it is not likely that I am pregnant, but I am waiting and hoping that I am. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    What do you find is the hardest thing to deal with while ttcal? Having doubts that it will never happen again. Knowing that if I do get pregnant again, it will never be the same as my first, My feelings will be completely different. I'll still be excited and happy but in the back of my mind I'll be expecting the worse. Scared I will have a hard time connecting with the new baby.  Also every little thing I physically experience feels like a symptom from my first pregnancy. Scared that we didn't wait long enough to ttc again, even though the doctor gave us the ok.  The waiting game... I'm very impatient but I know this is something I have to have patients with.  5 more days till I can take a hpt
     What do you find is the most helpful to keep you calm and relaxed while ttcal? Knowing that stress isn't going to help ttc or a pregnancy... but it doesn't mean I don't, it's hard not to.  I haven't really figured out a good way yet. Glad it's a busy time of year at work, that helps but not enough.

TTC since August 2011
    BFP#1 3/16/12 EDD 11/21/12 Delivered 6/1/12 at 15 weeks 2 days
    "If there ever comes a day when we can't be together... Keep me in your heart, I'll stay there forever." ~ Winnie the Pooh

BFP#2 4/14/13 EDD 12/24/13 Please be our rainbow after the storm!
    Beta#1 @ 15dpo 274, P4 16.9 Beta#2 @ 18dpo 940!! Doubling time of 40 hours!! u/s @ 6w2d showed a beautiful HB of 120! u/s @ 10w1d HB 174!! Grow, LO Grow!! Found out 7/22 we are TEAM BLUE!!
    Zaiden Harper was born 12/22/13 at 1:46 am. 9lbs 8oz and 22in
    ~*~AL Always Welcome~*~
    imageimage
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"