C-sections

It's my 3rd C-section and my last!

I am having my 3rd C-section. Can anyone tell me how this one will be different? I also plan on getting my tubes tied as well. Should be prepared anything different in my bag or prepare my husband for any unnecessary crankiness?

Re: It's my 3rd C-section and my last!

• I've had 3 c-sections and the recoveries have all been the same. Can't help you with the tubal ligation part as I'm having my 4th and will have my tubal done at that point.

I have a few friends that have had tubals with their c-sections and have told me that their recoveries have been harder than having a regular c-section.

But there are women on here that have had a tubal with their c-section and have not seen a difference.

GL! 

image Mommy to Barbara 11/8/05, Elisabeth 5/13/07, Loukas 12/23/08 and Lazarus 09/25/12
  • I am having a lot of adhesion pain this time around (11 weeks out.)  I just posted below.  I also had my tubes tied.  I would ask your Dr. to use an adhesion barrier (I had no idea what this was until I was researching adhesions on the web yesterday!!)
  • Loading the player...
  • I could have wrote this post....I am scheduled for my 3rd c/s on Aug 24th and tubal the same day.  

• My 3rd with tubal was no different.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think my 3rd with the tubal was the toughest.  The sec went well, but the tubal recovery was rough.  My dr & nurses said a lot of patients have the same complaints...gas & internal pain from all the manipulation with the tubal.  I had a really hard time releasing the gas.  It was extremely uncomfortable & I just couldn't get it to pass.  My one nurse was awesome & made me ginger tea (1 cup hot tea + 1 can ginger ale = 2 cups ginger tea).  It definately helped getting things moving in the right direction.  They also gave me an Rx for gas, but I can't remember the name.  The other issue was internal pain.  I posted here just after a week & the ladies pointed out I had been letting my meds lapse.  Once I started taking them around the clock, I got a ton of relief!   My dr told me to take Motrin for the internal pain & prescribed me Vicodin for the incision pain.  (I'm allergic to percocet, so i couldnt take that)  No need to be a "hero", I would take whatever they'll give you!!  Also, don't forget you're stool softener if your taking the narcotics regularly, since they SLOW things down...  Good luck with it all!!
    imageimageBabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I am about to havemy third and have a tubal done at the same time.  My SIL had it done after her third and she said it was no different then the other two!  I am hoping that is true for me too!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had my 3rd and a tubal on June 8. By FAR my easiest recovery. I was in the 4th row at the Coldplay concert 2 weeks PP.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"