Pre-School and Daycare

My 3 1/2 year old DD started peeing on her bedroom floor

I started noticing wet spots on her bedroom floor, but I never witnessed how it was getting wet, so I assumed she was spilling her sippy cup.  Today I found a wet spot at my parents' house and DD's wet shorts.  Her undies were dry, so I was confused.  She told me that she pulled them down and peed on the floor, but she couldn't tell me why she did it.  Has anyone else had this issue?  Is it just a cry for attention? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My 3 1/2 year old DD started peeing on her bedroom floor

• ppantsppants member
    Maybe she couldn't make it to the bathroom in time and didn't want to get in trouble for wetting her pants? Was she supposed to be sleeping during these times? Can she get out of her room to potty? Do you have an animal she's seen pee on the floor? IDK really..just throwing some thoughts out there.
    Wendy Twins 1/27/06. DS and DD
  • I hate to even have to admit this...but I distinctly remember doing this as a child in my bedroom too.  Embarrassed   I really don't think I ever had a reason and I grew up in a normal, happy, well adjusted family.  I don't know how long the phase lasted and from I can tell, my Mom never found out.  So I'm risking public humiliation to let you know that there's a really good chance that it's just something she saw or thought of and is doing....and there is no big "problem" lurking along with it.  I know I stopped before the age of 6 (when I switched bedrooms) and I grew up to be a happy, normal, productive adult!  We did have pets, and I don't know if any of it had to do with seeing them.  Good luck figuring it out!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • LjojoLjojo member

We don't have pets, but it's a good thought. Thanks for the ideas. 

I think I'm going keep a closer eye on her, she seems to do it while she's playing with her sister. I don't want to make a big deal about it and I'm going to ask her to help me clean up and hopefully this is a phase we can get through.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"