Adoption
Options

Frustrated

I suppose this is kinda an intro and vent at the same time. My apologies, but today was another straw on the camel's back.

We decided to pursue adoption back in January. Picked an agency in March and had to wait until July to get into an "intake" meeting. Finally received our preliminary paperwork on saturday, rushed to mail it by monday only to find out today that the next interview we were anxiously waiting to get done can't be scheduled until October.

And to top it off, our agency has choosen to halt intake of prospective parents due to decline in placements. Our only chance to "get in the pool" is to complete the October interview in order to hopefully get a spot in the February class for prospective parents (first come, first serve and limited seating). Not to mention this all has to be completed before we can even THINK about initiating a home study.

I guess I'm just tired of the russian roulette. We might be pregnant, we might not. This might work, this might not. We may get to the February meeting, we might have to wait another 2 years. Good grief.

Thanks for listening.

Trying to Add Baby #1 Since 12/2008
Dx: Unexplained Infertility
Spring 2010: 3 Clomid + TI
Jan 2011: 2 Femara IUI's
Summer 2011: 6 months of Chiropractic Therapy
March 2012: Confirmed Agency, Meeting set
July 2012: Homeopath consult (fail!)
July 2012: Start of Agency Meetings/Paperwork
October 2012: Agency Interview
February 2013: Tenative Agency Training
March 2013: Tenative Homestudy start date

Re: Frustrated

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    Not sure about your state laws, but you can do a homestudy and just choose another agency to work with on placements.  We did our homestudy and are using a lawyer, so not sure why the agency matters at this point for you.  GL and hopefully all will work out.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options
    Wow, that does sound frustrating. I hope it all works out for you guys. I would be finding a new plan but I am impatient like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

That IS frustrating.

I would suggest looking into national or interstate agencies, facilitators (if allowed in your state), law firms, etc. You *might* find something that works better than this place, which is taking its time...

• Options
    That does sound really frustrating. It sounds like they're purposely slowing down the process so they don't have too many waiting families at one time. Is this for domestic infant adoption? I think at this point I would start looking at other agencies, if you can. Especially since they've had a decline in placements- you don't want to finally finish the homestudy a year from now and then have to wait another 3 years for a placement. I'm getting really impatient now just waiting for feedback for our birthmother letter (for the third time...) so I can't imagine having to wait a year to even start your homestudy, if you're ready for it now. Feel free to vent here, we all do :) And good luck!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"