Two Under 2
Options

People are rude

I feel like a freak show every time I go out with our girls. I wear DD2 and push DD1 in a stroller or shopping cart. I get so many "you must be busy" and "you have your hands full!" I get asked how far apart they are, but today a lady asked if DD2 was planned. Awesome!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: People are rude

• Options
    Yeah, I get that. Plus I'm huge with #3. That would make 3u3, all planned. I say it proudly.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    Yes, they are.  A lot of people have verbal diarrhea ESP when it comes to two under two or families with three kids or more.  if you want to be nice say "better full than empty" if you are feeling a little snarky yiou can go with "to you this may seem overwhelming, I guess I'm just better with time management!"
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMammaBear81:
    Yes, they are.  A lot of people have verbal diarrhea ESP when it comes to two under two or families with three kids or more.  if you want to be nice say "better full than empty" if you are feeling a little snarky yiou can go with "to you this may seem overwhelming, I guess I'm just better with time management!"

LOL!  People tell me "you must have your hands full" all the time and I've been dreading once I start to look super pregnant with #3 what kind of comments and pity stares I will get.  Need to remember these...totally made my day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

Some are but I've gotten a few wonderful comments. One older lady at target said she just thinks us young moms are amazing truely amazing, she said this while I was wearing my new born pushing my toddler in a stroller ( he was napping) and having an in depth conversation with my 8 year old about beyblades.  

My other fav was in a grocery store line while checking out a girl in her early 20s told me I was doing a great job and to keep up the good work and she ment it.  This was while my oldest was spacing and my toddler was trying to climb from the cart as I handed over a stack of coupons & paid. 

Both of these came on days when I truely needed them, those I remember the nasty rude and unkind ones I forgot soon after hearing them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Options
    imagebellelamb:

Both of these came on days when I truely needed them, those I remember the nasty rude and unkind ones I forgot soon after hearing them. 

Love this! 

• Options
    imagebellelamb:

Love this! 

• Options

Btw, I don't mind people saying I have my hands full, I must be busy, etc., but a stranger asking if DD was planned was a little much.  

• Options

imageMammaBear81:

Love that! 

BFP 5/21/10, Missed m/c 7/5/10 at 11w3d (baby measured 7wks), D&C 7/7/10

Aug/Sept 2010 - CD3&10 b/w & u/s, genetic testing, SA, HSG, & Lap/Hyst to remove septum

12/09/10 BFP -- 7/05/11 DS born at 33w5d. Came home after 23d in NICU at 37w0d

June 2012 - TTC #2! -- 10/05/12 BFP --  5/23/13 DS2 born at 37w1d! Yay full term!

Surprise BFP 6/25/14 LO#3 due Feb2015!

imageimage
  • Options

I got that a lot in the beginning when they were both small.

Now that they're 1.5 and 2.5, people seem to say it less for some reason. Or maybe I just forget because I'm so used to it I can block it out. lol

• Options
    imageKC_13:

I got that a lot in the beginning when they were both small.

Now that they're 1.5 and 2.5, people seem to say it less for some reason. Or maybe I just forget because I'm so used to it I can block it out. lol

For me at least, as they got older people just thought they were twins, and I guess that is less shocking than two under two.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Options
    I don't know. People say things but I just assume they don't mean anything ugly by it. I just smile and laugh along with them. I do feel like a bit of a phenomenon but ultimately I'm grateful for all of this so it just rolls off me. I have gotten into TMI conversations about EBF and no pp AF. I'm an open book. People are just curious about things and like to make conversation
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I agree, they do like to comment (and I haven't even had #2 yet), but the "you're going to be busy/have your hands full" doesn't bother me.  I will be busy, and I will have my hands full, and I'm soo excited about that!  If they want to point it out, eh, whatever.  But then again, I haven't heard it as much as the rest of you yet! lol  Smile

As for the asking if they were planned... I got a new nurse at my latest OB checkup.  Right after asking if DD was 2, and me telling her no, she's 18 months.. she goes, "Oh ok!  Sooo... was this one (patting my bump) planned?"

Really?  Can you even ask that as a professional?  Lol... whatever, I answered her with, "Yep!  Sure was!"  and she had the gall to act all surprised... "REALLY?!"  Indifferent That's when I got a little annoyed.  I mean, would I be any less excited and in love with the little guy if I hadn't had unprotected sex with my husband - while I was ovulating - ON PURPOSE?  Nope.  So why does it matter?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"