Blended Families

Pleasantly surprised by BM

BM has made her disinterest and disdain for K?s karate pretty obvious for the past year and a half. She doesn?t care about K?s belt tests, doesn?t congratulate her on her achievements, has outright stifled K's excitement about karate and has a terrible attitude about taking K to karate. K has another belt test this Friday and it works out perfectly that it?s during our Summer vacation time with K. We?ll make sure she gets there on time, get her pumped up all day for it and celebrate with her afterwards. K?s really excited for her purple belt.

Yesterday K talked to BM and Gma for a little while. After the phone call K came running up to me and says, "Mommy and Grandma are coming to my belt test on Friday!" and she was visibly excited. Which of course made me even more excited for her. K has figured out that BM doesn?t like the karate and knows she wants no part in it. But having BM say she?s coming to the belt test totally made K?s day. I don?t really care what BM?s motives are, but I?m hoping that she is starting to genuinely care about the things K wants and is interested in.

I know that this doesn?t seem like a huge deal for BM to willingly and voluntarily come to a belt test. But given her attitude about it in the past, I feel like having all of us cheering her on will make K feel even better and more confident about her karate. And if K?s happy and excited, then I?m happy and excited.

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Re: Pleasantly surprised by BM

• That's great for her! I hope they truly show up. 

"To be able to practice five things everywhere under heaven constitutes perfect virtue...gravity, generosity of soul, sincerity, earnestness, and kindness."
  • That`s a step in the right direction, hope she really shows.
    No one else will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you are the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.

• Loading the player...
  • fingers crossed that she actually shows! hopefully gma will at least come and will overshadow BM not coming.  (how awful that we all have such little faith in BM... lol)

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think BM will show up.  I don't believe she would tell K and then blow her off.  I don't know if K brought it up or if BM did, but as awful as this might sound, BM would have just blown her off upfront and said she had to work or something. 

• Yay! I hope they show and your SD gets her purple belt!!
    Mama of 1: who did not grow below my heart, but certainly a big place in it!!

TTC our #1 since '10

DX: Ovulate but not great follicles

DH SA:Normal-Low Count

Aug 2012:Clomid 50MG= BFFN ([1]Fol-17mm/Prog.-17.3)

Sep 2012: Clomid 150MG CD5-9 & TI= ??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • That's great. How old is K?
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • imageLittlejen22:
    That's great. How old is K?

She's 6 1/2 now. 

• That's awesome! I hope BM's motives are good.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"