Attachment Parenting
Options

I Wasn't Planning On Attachment Parenting...

I'm a first time mommy and had never heard of attachment parenting. I was planning on going back to work after 6 weeks, bottle feeding and having LO sleep in his own room... well, I quit my job, I EBF, I baby wear (with my Moby, LOVE IT) We bed share and I've never been away from my baby for more than an hour a couple of times. He's 3 months old and I can't imagine letting him CIO or leaving him for long periods of time! It's so crazy how much being a mommy changes you.

I am a little worried about the bed sharing because I don't want to continue it for very long ( I miss cuddling my husband!) but LO sleeps so much better in our bed than he does in his own, which means I sleep better as well haha. Sometimes we'll start the night out with him in his pack n play in our room but he always ends up back in our bed. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I Wasn't Planning On Attachment Parenting...

• Options
    You and I are the same! I had zero intention of attachment parenting, but I am following my instincts and this is what feels right. We also bed share and I can't imagine giving it up yet. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was the same way when my daughter was born.  I have no regrets.  Don't worry about the bedsharing thing.  I thought I would never get her out of our bed, but she started not being able to sleep well with us at around 6 months old.  Now, however, she is back with us due to horrific teething (all molars + canines at once).  I would guess that once the teeth are in she'll go back to being on her own (maybe).  I try not to worry and guess too much about what the next phase is going to be.  Just roll with everything and try not too worry too much about the future!

DD born 6.13.11 at 37w5d

DS born 5.23.12 at 36w5d

BFP 6.9.13|heartbeat of 128bpm 7weeks|7.23.13 ultrasound revealed no heartbeat|natural m/c and d&c 7.25.13

DS born 5.20.14 at 38 weeks

All are welcome

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Same here. I didn't even know what AP was when my daughter was born nearly 4 years ago but a lot of the decisions that we fell into because they felt right ended up being AP. I wore her for nearly 2 years, nursed for 2, she still co-sleeps (can't say I'm crazy about that, especially with another baby on the way but my husband loves it because he works long hours and usually gets home after she's sleeping so it gives him time to cuddle her), ended up never going back to work after maternity leave ended etc. The only advice I have is if you want co-sleeping to be a limited time thing, you need to be pro-active and not expect it to just happen naturally as your baby gets older. I thought it would be an easy transition to get her out of our bed and it was a crashing failure when I tried (at 18 months, 2 years and 3 years so far). She will go to bed in her bed but she wakes up at night and comes to our room and I would have to physically lock her out while she sobbed in the hallway to keep her out of our bed which I'm not going to do.
  • Options

imagemwitter80:
    You and I are the same! I had zero intention of attachment parenting, but I am following my instincts and this is what feels right. We also bed share and I can't imagine giving it up yet. 

this!

• Options

Same thing happened with me :) 

I hear ya on the bedsharing... I'm missing that alone time with DH, as much as I love sleeping so close to my LO (plus I get way more sleep!!). I'm planning on sleep training (with the No Cry Sleep Solution method) at 5.5 months... so a month from now *gulp!* - I've heard that around 6 months is the best time to transition like that because babies are at a good stage developmentally. We'll try it, see how it goes, and wait a little longer if it's not working after a couple weeks. I'm not going to force her into something she's not ready for! But I do think she'd sleep better in her own space, since DH disturbs her a lot with all his rolling and flopping lol. I have a feeling it'll be harder on me than on her............  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I was the same way! Now I wonder why we even bought the stupid crib cause he has never been in it for more than like 5 minutes. I couldn't imagine doing anything differently. I had planned on Breastfeeding until 3 months, then 6, now my goal is 18 months! It just feels right :)
    Air Force Wife and proud SAHM to baby E, TTC #2 while BFing Uploaded with Snapbucket
  • Options
    Yup!  It just kind of happened for me.  I can't quit my job though as DH and I really need my salary.  :-(  You are lucky that you can stay home with your LO.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"