Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Summer Infant Video Monitor not working

Help!  Our Summer Infant video monitor stopped working- right at LO's 1 year birthday.  I tried a replacement rechargeable battery, but that did not fix it.  Monitor will turn on and screen lights up- but no video or sound.

Are these repairable?  or do I really have to go out and buy a whole new one??

Thanks!

Re: Summer Infant Video Monitor not working

• Options

I don't know if they are repairable...but after I read this I know I could never bring one into my home. Not to scare anyone away from these 'cool' products, but with new technology come smarter criminals...

https://suite101.com/article/the-dangers-of-baby-monitors-inviting-strangers-into-your-home-a313102

• Options

My charger died for the monitor part about a month ago.  I had good luck with calling them, they had me trouble shoot to determine what the issue was and then sent me a new charger at no charge.

Just make sure when you call them you have your monitor in hand b/c they need the info off the back.  Do it ASAP though b/c I know they will replace for free within one year and since you are so close to one year they will likely honor it.

Here is the number: 800-268-6237

• Loading the player...
  • Options

my handheld broke and they replaced the entire system, no questions asked.

The handheld only broke because I dropped it 1,000,000 times.

• Options
    lana22lana22 member
    imagekbm2009:

mine broke too, but they wanted me to send the whole thing back, and i didn't want to be without it for 2-3 weeks. i don't understand why they won't send a new one and then let you send the broken one back, the way countless companies work their return policy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    lana22lana22 member
    imagekbm2009:

mine broke too, but they wanted me to send the whole thing back, and i didn't want to be without it for 2-3 weeks. i don't understand why they won't send a new one and then let you send the broken one back, the way countless companies work their return policy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We have a Summer video monitor too... sometimes it acts weird too. I wish I would've put a video monitor on my registry, I went and bought one when my son was a few weeks old and it's been great because we have wood floors that squeak especially if my husband walks on them... so it's nice to see if he's just fussing in his sleep or if he actually needs something without having to wake him up by walking into his room.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"