1st Trimester
Options

Running

So I've always been very active.  I've been runinng for years, but for the last few months I was slacking a bit because of working so much.  I also havent been making it to the gym much.  I used to spin twice a week and do yoga and bootcamp classes as well.  Right before I found out I was pregnant i started running again.  Nothing crazy  about 4 miles 2-3 times a week.  Not I'm afraid to keep it up.  I know if you are a runner it's fine, but was my hiatus too long?  Dyou think I would be ok maybe going 2 times a week at slower pace.  And maybe spinning once, but not pushing myself?  I just feel better when I exercise.  Not really concerned about gaining/;loosing weight. Thanks in advance!
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Running

• Options
    Sorry for all the spelling errors above!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    If your active you should be fine. Listen to your body, if you get tired slow down and walk a mile or run for less. With spinning if you start getting tired ease the resistance or slow down pedaling. you can tell the instructor you KU so she can help you gage where you should be 
    imageimagephoto proudEPer2.gif
          BFP #1: 7/18/12, M/C 8/6/12 @6weeks  Missing our April Angel
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
                                           Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My ob/gyn told me to keep doing what I was doing but just listen to my body. As long as you can still speak a full sentence throughout your exercises routine, you should be fine. Keep water nearby and take breaks as needed. I currently do prenatal yoga, run 3 miles several times a week (at a much slower pace due to how I feel plus the heat!), and a prenatal cardio/weight program.
  • Options
    I had a friend run a half marathon in her third tri.   Just listen to your body and drink lots of water.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you were doing it regularly before pregnancy then it's safe to say you are fine to do it during pregnancy. Just listen to your body.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1:10/31/10 DS born 6/22/11BFP #3:4/24/12 DD born 12/31/12
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Constant water intake, up those calories (so you don't burn them off before the baby gets to them), and taper yourself down as you get further along (you'll likely feel less and less like doing it, anyway - but the doc will hopefully recommend reducing that kind of activity to a walk by the third trimester). Should be just fine.
    image  image

image image

*Spontaneous* OHSS diagnosed 08.06.2012
    Right ovary removed 09.04.2012 via vertical laparotomy
    Essure implant placed on remaining tube 06.13.2013; successful followup scan 09.30.2013

• Options

I was running before I got pregnant and my doctor told me to watch my heart rate. I know many doctors have stopped suggesting this but some still hold on to it. My doc wants me to keep my heart rate around 140. Any higher and it can put the baby in distress. At first for me that mean't only walking and now that im nearning the second trimester my heartrate stays at 140 with a light jog. I am not a high risk or anything. I am a healthy 23 year old. I still do weight lifting and toning along with the treadmill and bike.

Hope this helps....GL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"