June 2011 Moms

Grinding Teeth? Eww

Audrey has started this gross sound where she grinds her front teeth together. Just about sends me up the wall. She thinks it's hilarious, but it sounds like she is shewing on rocks. Anyone else have their LO doing this? How can I stop her, other than right now I just squeeze her cheeks to make her smile and stop. THANKS!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Grinding Teeth? Eww

• 6240662406 member
    Yes, we've been dealing with the same thing.  She started it about a month ago and then stopped for a week or so and now has started it back up again.  I hear it mostly in the car rides to and from DC.  I do the same thing with squeezing her cheeks.  I can see that she has teeth ready to pop through so I think it's related, but it's like nails on a chalkboard.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
  • image62406:
    Yes, we've been dealing with the same thing.  She started it about a month ago and then stopped for a week or so and now has started it back up again.  I hear it mostly in the car rides to and from DC.  I do the same thing with squeezing her cheeks.  I can see that she has teeth ready to pop through so I think it's related, but it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Hadn't thought of that, maybe it feels good on her teeth that she is working on!

• Loading the player...
  • If I remember correctly, DS1 did this for a day or two after every tooth popped through between like 12-18mon.  Don't remember him doing it with his 2yr molars.  Hopefully it's just a phase...it is so annoying.  I just tried to distract him.  Not too much you can do.  Hoping DS2 doesn't do it at all.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yup. I posted about this last week, and people responded that their LOs do the same thing. I hate the sound so much! It makes my stomach turn. It is just like nails on a chalkboard.
    Lilypie - (eo79)
     Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yes and the sound makes my toes curl!
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • M just started this yesterday- at first I thought she put something in her mouth and was chewing on it.  I hope it doesn't continue for long- not only is it gross to listen to but it's a horrible habit.  Good to know she's not the only one, so it must be a normal phase.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"