Adoption
Options

facebook profiles?

Also, do any of you have facebook adoption profiles?  Have you ever had any "hits" on the profile, have you ever had any feedback?  Just wondering as we are exploring this idea.  THANKS!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: facebook profiles?

• Options
    IRRIRR member
    We did not have a FB profile, but we did advertise on FB for about a month.  All of our "hits" were 100% bounced and that is when we decided not to advertise on FB.  It was about a week before Chrysler announced that they didn't see any value in FB advertising.  I have not "gone live" with my FB friends about our adoption process, but I would assume if you have and you have a good network having a FB page is not a bad idea.

Failed Matches - December 2012, May 2013, December 2013
    Moved on to  gestational surrogacy with a family friend who is our angel and due 7/23/15

• Options

We can't as we live in Ohio. It is illegal to advertise on your own in OHIO...however, that hasn't stopped many people from doing it. I have seen like 5 profiles of people adopting from Ohio. It makes me crazy that they would break the law. SO my suggestion is check you state laws first.

(I haven't turned anyone in and never will but deep inside I want to!)

"Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagebaze2:

We can't as we live in Ohio. It is illegal to advertise on your own in OHIO...however, that hasn't stopped many people from doing it. I have seen like 5 profiles of people adopting from Ohio. It makes me crazy that they would break the law. SO my suggestion is check you state laws first.

(I haven't turned anyone in and never will but deep inside I want to!)

Wow, this is so interesting. I had no idea about Ohio.  I live in Pennsylvania and our agency has suggested sites like Parentfinder.com, where you can pay to advertise a profile, but we have decided to start out on something free, like facebook.  I have found a ton of "wanting to adopt" pages and we decided to create our own.  We don't have this linked to our own personal pages, and we chose to ask people to contact our agency directly for more info.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"