Special Needs

Mito Disorders?

Hey everyone!

I have been gone from here for awhile, but am back now.  

My older DS has EoE pretty severely.  He has had some other symptoms surface over the last 8 months or so that are not EoE related though.  The Dr. is now suspecting a Mitochondrial Disorder.  She is in contact with a Dr. Cohen at Akrons Childrens Hospital and we are waiting to see what types of tests he would like to order.  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone's lo had a Mito disorder?  What symptoms did they have that lead to the diagnoses?  Any other info that anyone would like to pass on?  Thank you!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Mito Disorders?

• My daughter has a metabolic disorder called MCAD. Check out https://www.fodsupport.org/ a freat suppor group with others tha have Mitro disorders.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My son hs Mito dysfunction. We are still in the testing process to see if we can define it more than just the generalized Mito Dysfunction. I'll answer any questions you have. We are really new to the dx so i'm not a wealth of info for the future...but I can talk about where we have been :)
    Z(Monkey) 6-30-07 and E(Bear) 9-6-10 Living life with my little warrior and his big brother :)imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Waiting on results - we find out tomorrow if ds has CPT II.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"