April 2011 Moms

Separation Anxiety and Words

Hey ladies,

I'm struggling with my parenting ability lately...not sure if its because i'm 5 months prego again or what but I need some help. I keep reading about all these kids that are verbal and have all these words, my LO knows I'm mom and Dad is dad, she knows what milk, water, cup, snack, belly and those things are but she doesn't say them.  She babbles a lot and sings a lot but not really forming actual words yet...anyone else in that boat?

Also - We have been dealing wiht some serious separation anxiety and its so hard for me to let her just cry, I can barely leave the room even if she is with her Dad.  If i'm out of sight for a few minutes she is just fine with someone else but my gosh if she can see me in the kitchen and she's not there...its a mad dash to come and grab my leg.  Any help?  Please??

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Separation Anxiety and Words

• LO literally JUST started saying more words this past weekend.  I agree, she understands much more than she can say. That is totally normal though and I think these next few months their vocabularies will BLOW UP! so no worries! 

My DD has actually started to be a bit more clingy as well, and she has never been like that. She's always been really good with other people, always willing to get right down and play at daycare.  Lately she doesn't want me to put her down, but as hard as it is, I know that as soon as I leave she's fine.   

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • For the seperation anxiety and/or being clingy what i did with my DD was not much. She would bawl her eyes out if she wasnt on my hip or as i would leave to go to another room or altogether. I just started saying buh bye and gave her a kiss  or 1 minute and just let her cry. Sounds mean but it only lasted a few minutes, then 1 then none. Now she says buh bye and is fine since she knows im coming back and that she will be ok. It only took about a week of just not giving into her crys when i leave for her to be fine with it now.

The words i cant help you with, since my DD has alot.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Has your pedi said anything about speech? I know at his 12 month appt I think she wanted mamma dadda and 1 other word maybe? I'd call them I you are concerned. On the other hand... You don't have to deal with things like going through Walmart and Linus yelling "BOOGER!!!" at the top of his lungs. That was fun. His really was night and day. He only said mamma and dadda and then all of a sudden- like overnight literally- he decided he could talk. So I think they just get to a point and flip a switch some times!
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"