Ohio Babies
Options

Has anyone ever delivered at OSU?

dande2129dande2129 member
edited July 2021 in Ohio Babies

I have to deliver at OSU for insurance purposes. I generally like their hospital, but I honestly didn't even know that there was a level three NICU OR a maternity ward there.

We'll be taking a tour later on in the pregnancy, but just wanted to hear some tales. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Has anyone ever delivered at OSU?

• Options

I just had a baby there last month, I had to also due to my insurance.

I had a great experience, mostly because of my OB but the L & D nurses were super, I had 3 different ones over the course of 28 hours.  The nurses that took care of me post-partem were very nice as well.  If your pediatrician doesn't cover there the Nationwide residents and attending physicians care for the baby.  There is a NICU if needed. 

The only bad thing I can say is there is only one LC (if you are planning on BF) on the weekends.

Good luck!

• Options
    I had both of my boys there. No complaints. I had 2 wonderful experiences. 

B.R.C. 5/08-- N.R.C. 5/10--S.R.C. 3/14
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The nurse that helped with delivery didn't massage my uterus as long as necessary and I had a lot of bleeding that resulted in a code being called and being rushed to the OR.  Not trying to scare you but make sure to ask a lot of questions and be knowledgable.  I had several other friends deliver there with other oddity experiences.  Again, just be sure you know what to expect!  My husband had to watch me nearly bleed to death while the nurse panicked and didnt respond very quickly because she was in shock.  Kind of ruins those precious moments after an otherwise uneventful delivery!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have and will be again in January. My experience was a good one. I think it's all in what you make of it. It also depends on which nurses you have, there are always going to be ones that fit better to your individual personality than others. My OB is great and she was the one who performed my C-section and so I knew I would have a good experience. I had one bad nurse on L&D and one awesome one so it just depends. I will say that everyone on the mother and infant floor was great including the PCA's. One even brought all her patients a little candy goodie bag! It was adorable. I know that there are some horror stories about OSU, but I would take everything with a grain of salt and go in with a positive attitude and I'm sure you will have a good experience too.
  • Options

I will be delivering at OSU as well due to insurance reasons.  I was just on the antepartum floor for 5 days due to a suspected ectopic and to get my blood sugar regulated and had a positive experience.  Because it was the antepartum floor and not the L&D unit some of the PCA's were floaters so I had to be pretty vocal about what I needed but overall the nurses and PCA's were great. 

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"