TTC after 35
Options

Can I ask a stupid question?

We're ttc #3 with our youngest child being 14.  I'm new to the world of ttc because it happened so easily with the first two.  So I'm waaaaay down low on the learning curve here.

I'm trying to chart my cycle because I haven't even kept track of it for over a year.  I have my period regularly, I've just never bothered to mark the calendar so I don't even know if I'm on a 28 day cycle or not.  So I've been waiting for this month's AF to come along so I can at least know when day 1 is and go from there.

So here's my problem.  For the last several months...maybe even a year, I'll get symptoms and realize I'm probably a day or two within starting.  Then I'll have a day where the flow doesn't actually start but I'll get a bit of spotting, but not even that really.  More like just a tiny bit of blood on the toilet paper when I wipe sometimes once or twice that day or sometimes each time I use the bathroom on that day.  Then, my period usually starts "for real" the next day.

So...which one of those days is day 1 of my cycle?  Anyone know which way I should count it?

Re: Can I ask a stupid question?

• Options
    I go by the 1st day I need a tampon or pad.
    Me: 38, PCOS/ DH: 37

DD born 12.21.09, conceived w/ injects and IUI

TTC#2 since Nov 2011

BFP 2.6.12 m/c 6w5d | BFP 5.25.12 c/p

-Back to the RE-

3 medicated IUIs, all BFN

-Taking a break from treatment-

BFP 11.20.12 ~ EDD 7.28.13

image image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

My Chart
  • Options

I would mark day 1 as the day when you get enough flow that you have to at least use a pantiliner.

I'd mark that other, previous, day of barely spotting as simply spotting.

*********************************************************************************************

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was." 
            -- Abraham Lincoln

Me:39  MH:39 
    DD born 6/1/2013 after 15 months of TTC with one loss.    
    TTC #2: BFP 4/22 but stalled growth and no HB at 9w3d on 5/30        

<a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3a2798" style="font-size:smaller;" >
    <br /> My Ovulation Chart</a>

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies ~~
  • Options
    That's what my cycle is like too. I mark day 1 being anything heavier than spotting. 
    Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    My doctor told me to count day 1 as the first full day of bleeding.  In other words if you start spotting (or even getting some flow) on a Sunday afternoon, count Monday as day 1.
    Me - 38 DH - 38 DD - 2 pregnancy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"