Pregnant after 35
Options

I hate the unknown

It is definite that I am going in Wed night to start Cervadil and then Thurs morn pitocin. I am excited, scared, afraid, nervous and a thousand other things all at te same time! I hate the unknown. Is it going to be painful, will the epidural work, will I get too tired and need a Csection and the list goes on. My mind is whirling and I am starting to freak out a bit.... Ok maybe more than a bit :-). Please tell me that I am completely normal and not a nutcase as I sure do feel like one right now
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I hate the unknown

• Options
    I would be feeling the same way if I were you. I may be facing the same situation if I am still sitting here pregnant next week. Hugs. I hope it goes well.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

• Options
    steverstever member

Completely normal. And you can totally do it!!!

Good luckk, girl!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its normal :-)  we all freak out in the end.   Oh and it will hurt for a while, but it is managable and it is temporary. You can breathe through the pain of contractions until you get your epi placed.  And the best part of all is your sweet baby will be here soon!!!!  I can't wait to hear your birth story and see pics of your baby.  Good luck getting the best birthing experience possible. And be prepared for the best day of your life = meeting your child!!!!
    Aug 15 April Siggy challenge: Baby Shower fails:

BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

If I could have walked around, the pain would have been comptely manageable. But, my BP was "yucky" and I had to stay in bed. The epidural didn't work for me 100%, but if you tell them that it's not, they'll adjust it. GL!!  

• Options
    Totally normal.  I probably would have been a basket case during early labor if I had actually known for sure that's what was happening at the time!  Instead I spent the whole time trying to figure out if it was really labor or not.  LOL. You'll survive (trust me, I did!)   Good luck!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think knowing when you are going in makes the worrying worse. Everything will be fine and just think of the awesome end result!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Totally normal - and the best way to combat it, is to make sure the nurses know how nervous you are about everything when you get there. The nurses really are your best defense, and they'll help you and your "partner" to get through all that.

Yes, is will hurt. Labor does, but it's part of the process, and as long as you can get your self to unwind inbetween the contractions, you should be ok... don't be afraid to take the epidural, it won't slow down labor (some say it does, but from what I've read they can't prove that it's the epidural that did it) If you are worried, you can ask to start with a low dose epi, and if you need a higher dose ask for it. (some hospitals will let the mom control the dose.)

• Options

imageNuggetJo:
    It is definite that I am going in Wed night to start Cervadil and then Thurs morn pitocin. I am excited, scared, afraid, nervous and a thousand other things all at te same time! I hate the unknown. Is it going to be painful, will the epidural work, will I get too tired and need a Csection and the list goes on. My mind is whirling and I am starting to freak out a bit.... Ok maybe more than a bit :-). Please tell me that I am completely normal and not a nutcase as I sure do feel like one right now

FX it all goes well! Good luck!! 

Lucky Mom to 5 girls: 09/97, 06/99, 10/02, 11/04, 04/08 & Peanut #6 due in April! Pregnancy Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"