June 2011 Moms
Options

Started BC a day late - what does that mean?

So, I was supposed to put in my NuvaRing yesterday, but I was sick Friday and Saturday so I didn't make it to the pharmacy.  I went yesterday and it wasn't open yet, but the sign saying "Pharmacist Not on Duty..." covered their normal hours (this was a DT btw.)  So, DH and I went to the baseball game and stopped by after picking up Ty... It was closed already for the day.  So, I need to get my ring this afternoon after work (I know it doesn't open until 8:30 on weekdays and I am at work by 7:45)... will that upset the efficiency too much?  Should I just play it safe for the month?

Re: Started BC a day late - what does that mean?

• Options
    You need to use backup protection for the first week.  I think it's the first week?  I can't remember exactly since it's been a year and a half since I've used the nuvaring.  Check the insert with it, but I think it may just be the first week of using it that you need backup protection.  Double check that - don't just take my word for it!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

It is like restarting, so you'll need to use a backup (condoms, plan b, abstaining) for 7 days- a whole month isn't necessary.

Does your insurance only cover one month at a time? I hate that! Sometimes you can call and there's a way to order through them so you can get 3.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageBirdies08:

It is like restarting, so you'll need to use a backup (condoms, plan b, abstaining) for 7 days- a whole month isn't necessary.

Does your insurance only cover one month at a time? I hate that! Sometimes you can call and there's a way to order through them so you can get 3.  

Honestly, I've just been too lazy to look in to mail-order! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"