LGBT Parenting
Options

How was your weekend?

Re: How was your weekend?

• Options

Slightly better than last?

Fri: the weather was awesome (MUCH cooler thant we have been having) so after a quick dinner I took Ky to the park. She played on the swings and slide and watched the ducks. She chattered up a storm the entire time. Ann picked her up after work from the park. I went home and ate leftover bake off pie (It lost but was still yummy lol) while giving myself a pedicure.

Sat: Ky got dropped off covered in vomit. I am sad she barfed but also slightly amused she did it in Ann's car (she treats the thing like a baby and cleans it at least once a week and refuses to let Ky drink or eat in it and now it smells like sour milk vomit and the predicted highs are in the mid to upper 90s all week...). I got her cleaned up only to have her barf about 4 more times. One time she barfed in the hall, tried to run to me crying, slipped and fell down into barf, then barfed some more while laying there. I alternately cried and laughed from sheer hysteria at that one...So needless to stay the birthday girl and I did nothing but stay in our pjs (a new set every hour!) and watch kid's movie and nap. She was starting to feel a bit better and held down dinner so I called it a win.

Sun: Ky was her usual spunky self in the AM. Ann picked her up about 10:30 for her day. I went to the grocery and Koh.ls. I scored about 7 shirts and 3 pairs of shorts/capris for $6!! My friend called and had free tickets to the Dragons game with VIP parking. She could not go (34w preggo on modified bed rest) and offered them to me! I said yes and my friend K and I went and had a great time. I dropped K off and then went home to lounge on the couch and do nothing. I planned on going to bed early but that never happened since I still cannot sleep and end up playing online for hours in bed.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Friday I had to leave early because the a/c at home stopped working and I had to go get the kids from camp early since our service window was 2-6 and L wasn't going to make it in time for pick up. Of course the guy came at 5:55. We went to dinner and then L convinced me/the kids to come stay in her hotel room with her. Of course I regretted it when I was sitting in a dark hotel room at 9pm and everyone was fast asleep. Sigh.

Saturday -the kids were up at 6:15 and despite trying to keep them quiet, I shuffled them out of the room to breakfast at 7am since L was still fast asleep (Mayor of Bittertown, anyone?) Left the hotel at 8am so L could start writing. It was chilly and raining and I wanted nothing more than to have a lazy in bed day. But the kids were in rare form and driving me and each other crazy. By 3pm, I packed the kids up and we went to buy the mattresses for their new beds, to look at stuff in Michaels, and to the bookstore (when did bookstores become more toys than books?!?) I dropped them off at Parents Night Out and went to pick up L. We went to the mall to return a pair of shoes and ended up buying an elliptical machine. We went to dinner, I dropped her off, picked up the kids, and had them in bed within 5 min of getting home. :P

Sunday - the kids slept till 7:40am! HOLY MOLY. Of course, after waking between 5:45-6:30 for 6y I can no longer sleep past 6:30 - but the house was quiet! :) Gray is still battling a cold, so we had a quiet morning. I took them out for lunch and then a quiet afternoon in our pjs. I put them in my bed to watch a movie at 6, and at 6:45 came upstairs to find Carter fast asleep. Whoo hoo! Spent the evening watching stuff on tv that L hates. :)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Well, I blogged about it--for those dirty lurker slackers ;)  (Just kidding!)

But, we felt like a success.  Fri was my first day alone with all three kids.  I was slightly nervous, but we did great.  Made invites for Carrot's Bd, went to the library, went for a bike ride to deliver the invites to neighbor friends.

Kids had a visit, which must have gone well, because they were in a good mood.  We have a new visitation worker (superviser for the visits) who I like and trust.  I don't think he will let random family members be at random places in the community with the kids.

Fri night--we usually do something chill.  After visits, they often need to just relax. Often pizza and (part of a) movie.  The girls loved Tangled.

Sat--trying to get them into a routine of chores around here.  Went pretty eh. Win some, lose some. Girls rode bikes alongside L's 3 mile run. They weren't a bit tuckered out. Went swimming at the Y for more than an hour. Dinner (well, I served food.) Went for a bike ride to get ice cream. Didn't realize that an international bike race was going on in our neighborhood this weekend!  Some of these people will be in the Tour de France.  Girls had lots of fun watching them do laps on the street while eating their ice cream.

When I tell you they are active girls--I mean it!

Sun--games and a craft here, then we went to my parents where Zucchini was her most relaxed, chatty, fun self yet. 

Today--bonus!  Some friends invited us to a local waterpark!  They are going to flip out in a few minutes when I tell them!

• Options

We had a really nice weekend. I feel like we needed it :) 

On Saturday we had an easy morning at home and then took the babies to Babies R Us to buy teethers, a bigger swaddler for Mr. Baby, and a toy or two. We usually do errands solo but the babies were champs. My parents came over and watched them on Saturday night. We went out for burgers and had planned to play mini golf, but the mini golf place looked pretty eh, so we went into the city and sat outside and had dessert and drinks instead. Lovely weather and they had the outdoor fireplaces going.

On Sunday we met friends for brunch. I was worried that it was going to be a disaster with three babies (their son is 2-3 weeks older than ours), but everyone mostly slept and it was fun. I ran some errands in the afternoon and then Jen took the babies on a walk by herself while I made a real dinner. The babies went down easily with just a few pacifier replacements here and there and we watched an episode of Mad Men.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    LV1979LV1979 member

Friday-  Some friends took us out to dinner as a thank you for DW tutor our friend through her trig class.  I have a bunch of appts during the day.

Saturday-  Was a super lazy day.  I finally finished my office redo porject and have been completing my online training for my fall field placement.  Uggg is it long and boring.

Sunday-  Grocery store and then to my Granny's house to go thru old papers so I can work on our ancestry project.  I have found out a lot of very cool stuff and discovered that my Grandfather had all kinds of interesting things from his time in the Navy including a Third Reich coin.  The family project is getting very interesting and we have even discovered some possible scandal.

We had three BFN in the Fall of 2011. It is back on to some baby making come June. Swim little fellas, SWIM!!!!
  • Options

spent Friday night in the Er with Sloanie Pie... she had 104.8 YIKES ...

apparently it was  is something viral  because she has no other symptoms but i was flipping out .. and they cathed her poor baby just to make sure it was not a UTI. 

Sat: Moved 10 cubic yards of Mulch ... and hug at home trying to break that fever 

Sun : breakfast out and then lazy day  thank you cards .. random stuff..

MONDAY : back to the salt mines... and still moving mulch 

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Friday: Drove to my friend A's house and we grabbed some dinner and took a late ferry to the island where her boss' daughter was getting married on Saturday.

Saturday: The island we stayed on is one of my favorite places to take day trips and A had never been there. So before we went to the wedding I took her to my favorite beach and we walked the beach. The wedding was boots and hay bales and yee-haw! It was a very brief outdoor ceremony followed by dinner. I met a lot of A's peers and her boss. After the dinner we decided to bail and head to the beach to catch an amazing sunset.

Sunday: Slept in and then grabbed brunch which included raspberry cream cheese french toast. Mmm. It was starting to rain pretty hard, so we decided to take another trip sometime to explore the other parts of the island. The ferry line was long but we chatted away the wait. After we got back we got awesome Indian food at a place near A's house.

• Options
    hlkehlke member

Friday - C and I had a nice dinner out at a place in our neighborhood we've wanted to try.  Then walked to a nearby place for ice cream.  Come home and watched The Wire, but I totally fell asleep mid-episode.

Saturday - Slept in.  Did a bit of work, lounged around a bit, menu planned and went grocery shopping (plus dinner at Whole Foods).  Then we had a lazy evening at home - I read while C played an online game that she's completely obsessed with.

Sunday - Slept in again.  I really needed it!  Worked on doing a bunch of C's financial/paperwork tasks together.  My friend came from out of town in the afternoon and we hung out and then went to an IPA boat tour together.  I probably shouldn't have planned a booze cruise for a Sunday night, but oh well!  It was a good (boozy) time.

Same sex couple TTC with donor sperm.  I am 35 and carrying.  Endometriosis and DOR.
    AMH 0.5, AFC 5-8, FSH 7ish

IVF #1 - antagonist.  Empty follicle syndrome.  1 retrieved, 0 fertilized.
    IVF #2 - antagonist.  Ovulated early.  3 retrieved, 2 fertilized, 0 blasts
  • Options
    imageEratMama:

Kids had a visit, which must have gone well, because they were in a good mood.  We have a new visitation worker (superviser for the visits) who I like and trust.  I don't think he will let random family members be at random places in the community with the kids.

I cant tell you how much I can relate to all of this.  gosh, this brought me right back to that place...i HATE visits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"