June 2011 Moms
Options

DD hitting

Lately Z has been hitting us, mostly in the face when we go to kiss her. She has a big smile on her face the whole time, and laughs at us when we say "no!" I don't know what to do at this point. Anyone else going through this? When do they start really understanding the concept of no? Or do they, and it's just my child LOL
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: DD hitting

• Options

It's so hard to be stern with her when she's so damn cute too, especially now when she smiles after we say no, she goes "hi!" in the cutest.voice.ever. I remember reading somewhere that if you say their name before saying no, they will understand better, but so far that hasn't worked. I'm hoping it's just a phase and that with continued guidance from us, she'll eventually stop.

Also, we only hold her hand when she slaps, we don't tap her hand or anything, I feel like she's way too young for that still.

• Options
    I was just about to write a post on hitting. Connor seems to only hit me or my sister for some reason. And I'm not gonna lie it hurts most of the time. We try the stern "no" with his name but that does not work. When we've held his arms he flies into a complete tantrum which is fun. The other day he wouldn't stop hitting so I said no and put him in the pnp. I made sure there was nothing to play with in there and he freaked. I left him in there for about a minute and half and took him out. He didn't hit again that day but he still is. Putting him in the pnp for a mini time-out seems to work a little though. I'm hoping this is just a phase.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LO is very rough, he has gone through phases of biting, pinching, hitting, and now hair-pulling. First we say, "gentle" or "nice touch" (daycare says "nice touch" so I'm trying to switch to that). If he ignores that then I hold his hands and say "no pulling" (or whatever). If he ignores that and pulls again I pick him up and set him on the floor facing away from me and say "no pulling" again. By that time he's usually stopped laughing at me and realizes he's getting a punishment. 
    Lilypie - (8zJg)Lilypie - (Eu83)
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses! It`s nice to hear how others are handling their LO`s, it gives me more of an idea on how I want to proceed with punishment. I have been grabbing her hand when she slaps too, but she just laughs. I will try the time out, and hopefully that works. She mostly slaps DH for some reason (LOL) but it`s unacceptable, and I need to try to stop it before it gets worse.
  • Options
    6240662406 member
    We've been dealing with the exact same thing, we say "no" and she smiles/laughs and we hold her hands on her lap and she still laughs.  I asked daycare what they do and one of her teachers said they can't say "no", but they do say "All Done!" very stearnly.  We've been trying it at home and it's been hit or miss if she'll stop hitting or whatever else we used to say no to.  I think eventually she'll catch on, but at this point I know she doesn't understand that what she is doing it wrong and in same cases really hurts.
    BFP #1: 9/26/10 DD: 5/2011
    BFP #2: 7/23/14 - MC: 8/28/14
    BFP #3: 2/22/15 - MC: 3/3/15
    BFP #4: 5/20/15 - Stick baby stick!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"