December 2010 Moms
Options

Did anyone hear about this? (related to CO shooting)

I know we have all heard about the tragic CO shooting so feel free to dismiss this post if you don't want that dredged up. 

But I was wondering if you guys read about the Jarell Brooks - Patricia Legarreta - Jamie Rohrs story. Basically, boyfriend Jamie and girlfriend Patricia attended the movie with their infant son (with Jamie) and 4 yr old daughter (with Patricia). The attack happened, and the mom took a bullet in the leg for her daughter and helped her out of the theater while the dad PUT THE SON DOWN and left. And then he drove away from the theater. The mom found her son and gathered him up as well. Unrelated hero Jarell Brooks saw her struggling with two young children and helped her out, taking a bullet himself. Everyone (from this anecdote) survived and is ok and recovering normally.

Then the mom and the dad got engaged. 

I know it's really, really, really hard to predict what we'd do in the same situation, but I just can't imagine abandoning my infant like that. And even if my instinct to flee was that strong I really can't imagine driving away from the theater with my family in there.

Any thoughts? Would you get engaged to your children's father if he did that? Imagine your DH did it. How would it change your relationship? These are real questions; I'm not trying to judge this woman for getting engaged. I think it would be hard given that they already have kids together.

https://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981488017

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Did anyone hear about this? (related to CO shooting)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"