Postpartum Depression
Options

Bad dreams and anxiety

Its now been about 8 weeks since the anxiety hit like a ton of bricks out of nowhere. The irrational thoughts have gotten to the point where I dont know what is real and what thoughts are gonna go away when I start to get through this. I know in my heart that I would never want a life different from what I have with DH and DS. This whole thing has just made me question every aspect of myself as a wife and mom. Have any of you ever been to this point? How did you get through it? I know every person's experience with this is different but it would really help me to know that it really does get better and that it's not going to ruin my life and DH and DS. I feel for everyone here and appreciate the support provided by this board. This experience has really made me appreciate the struggles that everyone faces silently, within themselves and nobody else would understand. (((hugs)))
Married my love 6/27/09 Conceived 09/09, LO born 6/17/10 TTC #2 since 12/11, BFP 2/22/12, m/c 3/2/12 @4w Stopped TTC for now. Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Bad dreams and anxiety

• Options
    My anxiety got so bad this week I was crying the majority of the day. I called my dr and have started Xanax. I took my first dose last night. It did help but felt very drugged. My husband put the baby to bed and I laid down. I have the most trouble with night time. My daughter does not sleep well and that seems to cause my anxiety to get really bad when she wakes up every 20 mins. I had a full on panic attack on Thursday night. It was horrible . I am breast feeding but my dr said that I would need to give formula. I had some guilt about starting the Xanax as I am also on Prozac but I feel much better today. I would call your dr and be honest about how you are feeling. You are not alone and I hope you can find some reliefe. 
  • Options
    jw87jw87 member
    I had PPD with DS #1... and you will feel normal again one day I promise.  Sometimes I can't believe how happy I finally did become (more so than before the PPD hit)... but the PPD is also a reason we waited so long to have another child.

And... I can slowly tell the hormones are causing the PPD to rear-it's ugly head again (since I'm pregnant again) and I can't wait until I can go back on my medication after DS is born. 

Hang in there! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"