April 2011 Moms
Options

Concerned about food intake

So DD eats next to nothing when I put solids on her tray.   She eats what we eat for most meals.  If I put pancakes, fruit and bacon on her tray she'll only touch the fruit.   Randomly she will actually eat something, but mostly she plays with her food or refuses to touch it.   She's a chunky, healthy baby so I'm not terribly concerned....but I wish she would eat more.  I'm afraid she's not getting enough.  Any input? 
But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Concerned about food intake

• Options
    kje120kje120 member
    No advice - I just wanted to say that we're in the same boat.  He spends way more time playing with his food than actually eating any of it.  I'm jealous of all these moms with the kids who eat whatever is in front of them. I'm afraid Andrew is taking after my picky eating habits  :(
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    DD just finally started to really eat in the last 1 to 2 weeks. Breakfast is still not interesting but lunch and dinner went from nothing to a significant amount all of the sudden recently. I feel like DS was eating more at 14 months than she was. But I think she is starting to get into the whole eating thing. I wouldn't be concerned unless your Dr is. They all start eating eventually.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My DS plays with his food way more than he eats it.  Most of it falls on the ground because he just throws it and once that starts happening I end his meal time.  When he is really hungry, he will focus on/eat all of his food and not throw it so I know when at times he is really hungry or not.  It all evens out and it's hard not to worry about it, but if your doctor doesn't seem concerned I wouldn't worry.  Just keep offering healthy choices at each meal so at least LO is getting good stuff at what LO does decide to actually eat :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    | Olowalu, Maui ~ August 6, 2008 |
    | Family of 4 ~ April 2, 2011 |
    | Family of 5 - October 24, 2012 |
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"