Maryland Babies

Need some inspiration for toddler food

I feel like I am constantly giving my son the same foods for lunch and dinner... he eats it, but if it was me, I'd be so bored and over it by now! Anyone have some good lunch/dinner options for a 15 month old besides the "basic" toddler foods?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Need some inspiration for toddler food

• When we started solids with Claire we followed baby led weaning, so she pretty much eats what we eat now.  One of her favorites is chicken enchiladas.  You could shred some chicken in the crock pot and it would have the same effect.  She's also really into fruit right now too.  I try to offer her a variety of things and make sure it's balanced.  Another good idea is to sneak some veggies like zucchini into a muffin.  Kids like anything in a fun shape!
    Laura & Jim ~ July 10, 2004
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    miscarriage on 11/26/09 at 5w6d
  • Ditto Laura - we did mostly baby led weaning.  We didn't follow any specific plans or menus - just tried to give her the same foods we were eating - just made sure she could hold it and gum it/chew it.  We did a lot of turkey meatballs, sliced cheese, steamed carrots, cauliflower, waffles, cinnamon swirl toast, bagels (obviously cut up), ham, pita bread, egg noodles, beans and rice, penne, big pieces of chicken.  Anything that includes a sprinkle of cheese is always a hit.

I know people recommend weelicious and another site, but I really didn't have time to make separate meals for DD.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Emily is a bit older but she's been asking for "roll ups" lately, which are wraps.  I throw whatever we have in there and she loves it. 

We also never stuck to toddler foods, she eats what we eat.  We're also doing a modified BLW for Lucy, she eats most of what we eat unless its too tough for her to gum, she doesn't have any teeth yet.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"