Pre-School and Daycare
Options

Recommend Books about Starting Pre-School

I looked on Amazon and there are several nice books for kids about starting preschool. Any in particular that you really liked and could recommend? I'd prefer not to have one with the premise that pre-school is scary but turns out okay...would rather set a very positive tone from the start about preschool being fun. DD is looking forward to it right now and I don't want to put the idea in her head that it might be 'scary.'
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Recommend Books about Starting Pre-School

• Options
    Llama Llama misses Mama is a really cute book about starting school.
  • Options

imagesmokenbogey:
    Llama Llama misses Mama is a really cute book about starting school.

Yes

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a Sesame Street book about Elmo starting school, and I think there was a Sesame Street episode about Abby's first day of school that DD1 liked to watch.  I wouldn't try to set up too many expectations of what it will be like, just talk about how fun it will be.  My DD loves school, and she's been going to camp this summer, and she loves that, too.
  • Options
    I read Llama Llama Misses Mamma to my girls the whole month before starting preschool last year. They loved the book and I think it really helped. My girls were always with me 24/7 so it was going to hard for them to break from me and it went really well. No real tears until the second week, but I think that was because the week before last class was on Thursday morning and then they were at home for like 4 days with me before the next class on Tuesday morning. By the third week things were back to normal.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ss+elss+el member
    The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. We got it for my nephew when he started preschool and it was a big hit. If I recall correctly, the gist of it is something like mommy kisses your hand and when you look at it throughout the day, you know that she loves you. There are heart stickers in the back to mark the hand.
  • Options
    we also used The Kissing Hand.  I took away the hear stickers, though, after I found them stuck all over our living room furniture!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Someone on this board recommended D.W.'s guide to Preschool and DS LOVED it.  DS has a hard time with transitions and I check out so many books from the library.  D.W.'s guide is the way to go.  :)
    April 2009
  • Options

imageCountryMile:
    Someone on this board recommended D.W.'s guide to Preschool and DS LOVED it.  DS has a hard time with transitions and I check out so many books from the library.  D.W.'s guide is the way to go.  :)

DS really liked this one too. Some other recommendations are:

Maisy Goes to Preschool

Oh My Baby Little One

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"