LGBT Parenting
Options

Erat

I just read your Wednesday post about pumpkins progress. :( I am sorry you are struggling. Do you ever visit the October board? It's Ns birth month (pumpkin too?) and the development is all over the place! Some kids are walking (!!) and some have yet to crawl. 

The Internet is a blessing and a curse.. As long as your pedi isn't concerned (and even then... Ns pedi has her head up her azz about some things..) take a deep breath and know he will get there :) just like growing hair and teeth, walking, crawling, rolling, etc. they will happen, at their own pace, at the right time.  It's out of our hands. N isnt pointing or clapping and it seems like the whole October board is. Eh. He will figure them out someday. Ive never met an adult who didn't know how to clap! If you want to talk, I am everywhere and available! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Erat

• Options
    I just wanna add this is so true all over the place I have twins and one is so different than other.  One kind of walks like Frankenstein and the other just started being comfortable standing ... so it really is all over the place. 
    - 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options

Thanks, other Jean!

I don't go to the Oct board (he just made it in Oct--we brought him home on Halloween), pretty much just here and sometimes adoption or cloth diapering/attachment.

It is one of the areas that feels very different to me than if he were biological.  Little is known about his genetics, and what we know isn't comforting. And his in-utero development, ugh.

I like to think it's his laid-back, chill personality that make him not "ahead of the pack."  But, it's sad when what is known about his family make me think, "is my baby lazy?"  It's a horrible thing to think and way to feel.

I am sure with all the reading we do--his first words will be a whole sentence, though ;)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Is my baby lazy?!  Awesome :)  that totally made me laugh out loud!  But it (genetics) could totally be playing a part.  My mom was meticulous about writing down everything in my baby book (which is awesome, since she died when I was three, but eerie, since it stops abruptly at three..) and N is a carbon copy of me.  Our teeth even came in the same week.  Maybe Pumpkin is cut from a more laid back cloth.  I am pretty high maintenance  (and so is N). 

There are lots of October babies who aren't showing any signs of crawling, yet and he is at the end of the month.  I say (and I am the final work, obviously..) everything is a-ok and P isn't lazy ;)  Maybe you should come to MA for a visit and N can teach P how to crawl and P can teach N how to relax. And we can read to them all day long (which is something that nearly every mom on the Oct board said their babies won't do.  Which makes me pause, since N will sit through 5+ books in one sitting.. I think this is strange, having this long of an attention span, at 9 months?? See.. everyone has something to worry about ;)

Deal?

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"