Military Families
Options

Anyone at Ft Leonard Wood Or Great lakes navel base?

We are driving home next month and on the way home we pass Ft Leonard wood, H wanted to stop and just check it out, any museums on post? Or is it pretty blah?

My hometown is only 30 minutes from Great Lakes, anything on the base to do? Can we go to the commissary? Will we need a special pass or anything?

TIA!

Teagan-11/22/10
Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.

Re: Anyone at Ft Leonard Wood Or Great lakes navel base?

• Options

There isn't too much at FLW, there is a museum, with sections for the Chemical Corps, Military Police and Engineers. If you happen to be from any of those branches, they also have the gift shops, and I'm guessing it will be one of the few places you can get gear from these branches. Those 3 have their school houses here, therefore the museum exhibits. The museum isn't too big, but the Post is minutes off I-44, so an easy stop if you are traveling on I-44.

Granted if you are going through this way, there is more stuff in St. Louis, the Arch is pretty cool, and there is a museum in the complex underneath the arch. I haven't gone in the museum yet, but it looks pretty cool. 

• Options
    Thanks. Yes we will be on 1-44 that's why we were going to stop. We've been passed the arch before, maybe this time we will stop, depending on what time we drive passed it.

Teagan-11/22/10
    Scarlett Madison-12-18-2014
    Baby # 3 Due 06/02/16

Furchildren include
    Kali 12/20/10-Husky-Has Addison's Disease.
    Doxie 10/04/11-Dachsund
    Tadley 11/12-Cat Ruler of the house.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"