January 2011 Moms

Started working

I started my job yesterday! Turns out, my boss is on vacation for the next 2 weeks.

2 other people have started to train me. There is so much to learn and yesterday I was insanely bored because I didn't really have any tasks. Today was a bit better. I miss DD more than I ever imagined I would. I feel terrible only having a few hours with her at night, but I know it'll get better. We'll both get more used to it and over time I'll be able to work from home a bunch and probably work weird hours so I get to be with DD.

People seem really nice. I got a cool laptop and an awesome gigantic screen that's connected to it. For some reason, I am extremely impressed that there is a soda machine that is free.

Not much more to report just yet. It still feels weird that I'm not doing research anymore but I do see the potential for a lot of really cool work here - with a nice paycheck to go with it!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: Started working

• Glad it is starting out well. Hope it continues. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Awesome!  I love reading your back to work updates.  It gives me an insight into what to expect.

I'm planning on going back to work after having LO in September.  I'm excited but not looking forward to rushing around with the kiddos.  I worked after DD was born and it was stressful with 1 LO, can't even imagine with 2!

• Loading the player...
  • I'm glad it's working out for you. Sounds like you have a really cool gig. As for DD - just think of how much fun you will get to have come the weekend and how much more you'll appreciate the time with her. I'm sure she is going to just thrive in her new environment just like Mommy!
  • Glad it is working out for you.  Once you are settled in you will feel you have more time for ds. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Im glad its going well!

• Yay! I'm so happy it is going well. Did you find a new daycare?

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • RedZeeRedZee member

Thanks everyone!

We're still with the same daycare for now. We didn't really have time to find another place. I think she's safe and that they are taking care of her so even if it's not the best place ever, I don't feel irresponsible having her stay there for now. She seems to really like it. I think we'll try to take a tour of another place at the end of August and go on the waitlist. Either way, next summer she'll probably  go to camp with DH (who works at a daycamp) and then after that there are lots more programs for 2s and 3s she'd be able to go so we'll see what happens.

I am definitely appreciating the moments I have with her more and I know that she's having really fun experiences that she wasn't having with me (they've been painting this week).

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Yay! That is great news.

Siggy Badges

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"